The Action-RPG multiplayer The Ascent will be launching on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC in 2021.
The Ascent An Action-RPG Launches on Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC in 2021
The multiplayer Action-RPG The Ascent will be coming to consoles and PC in 2021. The indie developer Neon Giant announced today along with a short video to highlight a number of features of the game including co-op, narrative driven adventure and classic RPG mechanics. The title is set in a sci-fi world where a self-contained corporate-run metropolis is filled with a number of creatures originating from all over the galaxy.
For some unknown reason The Ascent Group needs to be shutdown, and struggle for survival begins, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to move on in. Players will take on the role of defence, trying to hold off the encroaching enemies.
Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch.
Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
The Ascent offers both a single-player and co-op experience with up to four players. This game will be action packed, in a sci-fi RPG setting.
You can check out the trailer and official features below:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The Ascent was revealed during Xbox Inside’s game title reveals back in May, which previewed a top-down shooter with fast-paced action with plenty of cyberpunk aesthetic.
The Ascent will be releasing on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC in 2021.
For more news be sure to read next Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch Notes Share Player In-Game Choice Results and Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again, Now Launching December 10th.