Steam has announced they will be running a Digital Tabletop Fest which will cover a number of games starting October 21st.
Steam Digital Tabletop Fest Kicks Off October 21st
Celebrating a number of tabletop games, Steam is hosting an online festival next month, featuring “games that cross between physical and digital”. The Steam Digital Tabletop Fest will run from October 21st to October 26th, and will featuring a number of developers and virtual panels which will be livestreamed.
The festival includes speakers such as designer Steve Jackson, the creator of the GURPs roleplaying system, also Call of Cthulthu RPG designer Sandy Petersen, as well as Games Workshop co-founder Ian Linvingstone. It will also showcase a number of individual games such as Plague Inc: Evolved, designer by James Vaughan who will be talking about the difference between game’s physical and digital versions. There will also be sessions spotlighting Othercide, a tactical RPG and Gloomhaven a tactical dungeon-crawler RPG.
If this is anything similar to previous Steam fests, several games should be receiving some good discounts during the event. This would be a great to pick up a board game inspired digital game for less.
Activities are as follows according to the Steam page:
- Plague Inc: Evolved – Where James Vaughan, game designer of the digital and physical version plays the digital game’s boardgame scenario while discussing the design of both versions.
- Othercide – The tactical-RPG blending strong art style, unique lore and challenging tactical gameplay, presented by its Art Director and Lead Game Designer.
- Gloomhaven – llivestream, featuring the developers, will discuss the upcoming content for the next major update of Gloomhaven’s Early Access on Steam.
- Virtual panel on games about Mars – Where game creators will be joined by actual space agency staff and scientists to ask what games get right and wrong about Mars.
- Virtual panel on Cthulhu games – Where some of the most notable Cthulhu-themed designers from digital and physical ask about the cultural impact of such titles and more.
We checked Othercide, which features tactical turn-based combat, with some rogue-like features, all done in a stylish black and white, with hints of red. It’s certainly a stylish game and you can learn more about it in Othercide Preview: X-Com Goes Rogue In Style.
There is also Call of Cthulhu, a detective themed RPG which puts the main character Edward Pearce way out of his depths, as his mind is tested with lovecraftian mysteries. If you want to know what we thought of this game and see some gameplay, be sure check out our Call Of Cthulhu Review – A Tumultuous Tentacle Experience.
We should be getting more details of the times for each of these events soon, you can set a reminder on Steam to make sure you don’t miss a thing. Be sure to check out the Steam Digital Tabletop Fest and the panels which will take place from October 21st to October 26th live on Steam.
For more RPG news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Story Trailer Revealed and Demon’s Souls New Weapons & Armor Details For Digital Deluxe Edition.