Square Enix has announced the playable demos, panels and more that will be happening at PAX East 2020.
Square Enix Announces PAX East 2020 Lineup Plus Events
PAX East 2020 is just around the corner, taking place between February 27th to March 1st at the Boston Convention Center. Square Enix will be attending and they have announced what they have in store for attendees which includes playable demos. Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XIV Online will be playable at the Square Enix booth #15010.
There will also be live stream for a behind the scenes look at FFXIV on February 29th at 8:00 PM EST and a panel for the drop-in co-op shooter Outriders.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is the upcoming reimagining of the original 1997 version, gaining a number of modern upgrades plus an overhaul of the turn-based system, moving into real-time action. While the look of game might have changed, the story sets to stay true to the original but with some new additions. If you want to know more about the title you can check out our preview or drop by our Final Fantasy VII wiki for all the latest info.
Final Fantasy XIV Online is now celebrating the highest active subscribers in the game’s history, recently surpassing 18 million total registered users. A free trial is now available for new players who want to try out the content up to level 35 and create up to eight playable characters. Character customisation includes different playable races, classes, and jobs with no limit to playtime.
Outriders is an upcoming one-to-three player drop-in co-op RPG shooter by developer People Can Fly, set in a sci-fi universe of Enoch. Striving to save humanity in a last chance stretch, humans attempt to colonise a new Earth. But with strange occurrences known as “The Anomaly”, these storms are ruthless and cause the colony to go into cryo-sleep. When they emerge 30 years later, they now possess strange powers, including the ability to wield fire with bare hands and be able to free targets in place. There are also strange supernatural beings that are far from hospitable.
Square Enix PAX East 2020 Schedule
You can check out the details for event happenings for Square Enix below:
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Booth #12011)
- Playable gameplay demo – Fans can get hands-on with the game at the Square Enix booth.
- Signing session – Voice actors Britt Baron (Tifa), John Eric Bentley (Barret), Briana White (Aerith), Erica Lindbeck (Jessie) and Gideon Emery (Biggs) will sign for players on Saturday, February 29: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday, March 1 at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST). A limited number of tickets for the signing session will be available at 10:30 a.m. (EST) each morning in the signing session area of Booth #12011.
- Epic photo opportunity – Players can have their photo snapped with Cloud’s iconic Hardy Daytona motorcycle.
- Giveaways – Double-sided posters featuring the new artwork of the captivating cast of Final Fantasy VII Remake—Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret and Red XIII—will be available at the booth.
Final Fantasy XIV Online (Booth #15010)
- Ruby Weapon Battle Challenge – Attendees can take on the fearsome Ruby Weapon—the latest eight-player trial released with Patch 5.2. Those who emerge victorious will receive an “I BEAT RUBY WEAPON” t-shirt.
- Photo Opportunity – Fans will have the chance to snap a photo in front of our expansive themed backdrop while posing with a selection of “real-life” weapons from Shadowbringers.
- Poster Giveaway – PAX attendees who visit the Final Fantasy XIV booth can receive a double-sided poster featuring artwork of the jobs of Final Fantasy XIV drawn by Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi, while supplies last.
- Developer Live Stream – Join Final Fantasy XIV Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida and Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi for a special live stream titled “The Artwork of Final Fantasy XIV: A Look Behind the Screen.” The stream will be hosted on the official Final Fantasy XIV Twitch channel on Saturday, February 29 at 8:00 p.m (EST).
- Postcard Giveaway – Fans can receive a free postcard for the upcoming tactical mobile RPG, War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, featuring artwork of Y’shtola in her Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers attire. In addition, attendees who have pre-registered for the game can receive a double-sided art card. Both items will be available at the Final Fantasy XIV booth, while supplies last.
Further details of all Final Fantasy XIV Online PAX East activities can be found on The Lodestone.
- People Can Fly Developer panel – “A New Flavor of Sci-Fi: Creating the Universe of Outriders,” will take place on Saturday, February 29 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. (EST) at the Albatross Theatre.
- Join Lead Writer Joshua Rubin and key members of the Outriders team as they discuss the process of creating a dark and brutal sci-fi universe from scratch. Featuring exclusive new content and information about Outriders, the highly anticipated upcoming RPG shooter from Square Enix External Studios and People Can Fly.
Fans can also visit the Square Enix Booth #12011 to purchase the latest Square Enix merchandise from Bring Arts, Play Arts Kai, plush toys, Final Fantasy Trading Card Game (FFTCG), and tabletop games:
- Check out the newest t-shirts, Final Fantasy XI: Mithkabob, Final Fantasy XIV – The Sundering: Hydaelyn Kick, and Final Fantasy VII Remake: Cloud.
- Attendees will be able to purchase Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers acrylic stands of favorite characters ahead of their release on the Square Enix Store.
- Purchase cards and learn to play the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game; earn promotional cards and get tips on how best to use the newly released Cloud vs. Sephiroth two-player deck.
The full lineup of titles from Square Enix includes:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Platform: PlayStation 4
- Developer: Square Enix
- ESRB: T (Teen)
- Available: April 10, 2020
Final Fantasy XIV Online
- Platform: PlayStation 4, Windows, Steam, Mac
- Developer: Square Enix
- ESRB: T (Teen)
- Available: Out Now
- Platform: Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Developer: People Can Fly
- ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
- Available: Holiday 2020
Don’t forget to check back on Fextralife during PAX East 2020 as we’ll be covering the news during the convention.
For more news be sure to read next Cyberpunk 2077’S Xbox One Version Will Have Free Xbox Series X Upgrade and Othercide Tactical Horror RPG Shows Off Monsters In Latest Trailer. Also don’t miss out on getting 20% off the award winning indie RPG Disco Elysium which is on sale on Steam this week.