As more events are quickly falling into place digitally this year, one highly anticipated reveal is the long awaited gameplay for FromSoftware’s next upcoming open-world RPG Elden Ring.
Rumour: Elden Ring at Xbox Series X Games Reveal Event
While there have definitely been snippets of information pertaining Elden Ring, we have yet to see any gameplay of the open-world action RPG. But according to rumours, that might be happening soon. This rumour does stem back to December, before the recent situation took hold, so timelines might have been adjusted since then. But in an article by Wccftech, it was shared by Shpeshal Ed of the XboxEra Podcast that the full reveal for Xbox Series X, complete with title reveals would be happening in April or May. Well it’s May and Xbox are holding an Inside Xbox livestream on May 7th.
Inside Xbox May 2020
This lines up with the rumour saying that a gameplay trailer will be unveiled for Elden Ring. The Inside Xbox 2020 Stream will take place on May 7th at 8:00am PT on platforms YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook. Among the list of games we know are coming to Xbox Series X are Halo: Infinite as well as Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. Other titles include co-op shooter RPG Outriders, Battlefield 6, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077. The latest tweet from the Xbox twitter account shares that we will be able to get a look at the gameplay for “global developers partners” which could mean third-party developers only.
You want to see games for the Xbox Series X? We want to show you games for the Xbox Series X.
— Xbox (@Xbox) April 30, 2020
Bandai Namco have also been confirmed to be taking part in the Summer Game Fest which is an event that will take place over the next few months from May to August 2020. According to Geoff Keighley, the schedule will be posted soon, but has also revealed the partners that will be participating.
PHASE 1 pic.twitter.com/Y1K2Wd5l7H
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) May 1, 2020
Hopefully with publisher Bandai Namco on the lineup, means they are ready to share some news.
What We Know About Elden Ring
While we do have an article/video that goes into some detail about Everything We Know About Elden Ring, here’s a quick recap:
- Elden Ring has been in production since the end of the Dark Souls III DLC.
This is in contrast to Sekiro, that begun production in 2015 after Bloodborne.
- Elden Ring will release on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4
- Bandai Namco is publishing and has registered the Elden Ring IP
- Elden Ring Release Date – From our observations
The release window for this game is unlikely to match FromSoftware’s traditional March-April, and is more likely to fall into Dark Souls’ September-October release.
- “Elden Ring is a third-person action RPG with a fantasy setting… gameplay is not so far from Dark Souls… Elden Ring belongs to the same genre.”
- Plethora of weapons, magic and builds, and a focus on RPG elements. FromSoftware expects equipment variety to be larger than Souls in this regard.
- No main fixed protagonist, players create the characteristics and personality of their character. This leads us to believe Character Creation is a given.
- The World of Elden Ring is vast and interconnected. No longer a continuity of “levels”, players see vast landscapes in between the “dungeon-esque” areas.
- The larger world scale allows for freedom, promotes exploration, and introduces new and exciting mechanics, such as Horse Riding and Mounted Combat.
- Elden Ring is a “natural evolution of Dark Souls.” New mechanics needed by this larger world. Expect FromSoftware’s trademark challenging boss battles.
- Towns won’t be full of villagers, merchants and the like. They will be ruins, dungeons and exploration hubs. As Souls there is no vast population of NPCs.
- The NPCs the player finds are expected to be the most compelling yet in the studio’s work, thanks to Martin’s involvement in the Mythos.
- George R. R. Martin has written the world’s mythos and Hidetaka Miyazaki has written the game story.
- Story will be revealed through “fragments of environmental storytelling” as in previous Souls games.
- Mythos and the present moment of the player are connected and exploration will lead players to understand why things are as they are.
- There is no information at time of writing about multiplayer/online/invasions.
You can also check out our Elden Ring wiki for all the latest info as it releases.
For more news be sure to read next Summer Game Fest 2020 Announced By Geoff Keighley. For a breakdown on all things Elden Ring, be sure to read next Everything We Know About Elden Ring. You can also visit the Elden Ring wiki for all the latest.