Today, FromSoftware and Activision announced that upcoming Action-Adventure Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will launch on all platforms on March 22nd 2019. The announcement comes just the evening before Gamescom 2018. Check out our Gamescom interview with FromSoftware as well!
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Release Date
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will be releasing on March 22nd, 2019
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One and PS4
- Developer: From Software
- Publisher: From Software (Japan + Asia), Activision Publishing (Others)
- Pricing: $59.99 (standard game) and $89.99 (Collector’s Edition); both now available for pre-order, prices may vary by market
Gamescom will also be revealing more features from the game:
- Interviews with the developers and behind-closed-door demos
- Capture opportunities for press
- Gamescom floor demo
Players can get their first taste of news from IGN’s feed, that will be featuring the game during their Gamescom coverage. You can also expect details on the game’s mechanics on our full interview.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Collector’s Edition
The Collector’s Edition ($89.99) includes the following:
- Full Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Game
- 7” Shinobi Statue
- Collectible Artbook
- Digital Soundtrack
- Replica Game Coins
“New gameplay details about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice reveal that the prosthetic tools belonging to the “one-armed wolf” protagonist can be reconstructed to unlock new actions such as powerful charge attacks. These attacks allow the player to broaden their approach to defeat their foes. Players can also equip and switch between a variety of unique Prosthetic Tools to find the weakness of a formidable enemy. Additionally, tools such as the Grappling Hook can be utilized to bring an extra dimension to exploration and traversal throughout the world of the game.
The core combat in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is measured by an intense clash of steel in sword combat. Players will take command of special Sword Arts to supplement their regular attacks, and tear down enemy defenses before sealing the final blow. But those same enemies will be trying to land deadly blows of their own, and you might find yourself quite dead. Thankfully you have another tool you can utilize: Resurrection. Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.”
Key Features of Sekiro Shadows Die Twice:
- Kill Ingeniously – FromSoftware delivers their best in class combat in this fast-paced, action-adventure game featuring all new mechanics.
- Exploration is key – Players will experience the thrill of exploration and discovery in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice like never before. Through exploration, players can uncover new items, meet new characters, and encounter hidden enemies.
- Armed – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay is centred around sword combat, enhanced by a variety of prosthetic arm attachments that supplement or change the way a player fights.
- Achieving strategic mastery of “Sekiro” or the “one-armed wolf’s” techniques and abilities, from prosthetic tools, swordplay to stealth and the grappling hook is no easy feat. To overcome difficulties and bring each situation under control, gamers must discover, integrate and use a variety of new tools when heading into combat.
One-armed wolf – Play as a highly talented shinobi in the service of a young lord raised in isolation. After suffering defeat at the hands of a shadowy Ashina samurai seeking the unique heritage of your master, the two of you are separated. Deep in the mountains, in a dilapidated temple, you reawaken to your fate. You must take back your master and exact revenge on your enemy at all costs.
- Hard to the core – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a hard-core game worthy of the name FromSoftware. Miyazaki designed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice this way! Fans of FromSoftware will find the gameplay challenging, yet fun and rewarding. The quality of combat, level of challenge, and creative enemies and bosses are something that can only be found in a FromSoftware title.
- Reimagined world – This reimagining of Japanese aesthetic blends a withered, yet vivid, world of the late 1500s Sengoku Japan as the age of warring states nears its end. Witness a world brought to its knees by constant bloodshed; a ravaged world on the brink of destruction. Explore these environments, rich with FromSoftware’s intricate design and steeped with secrets to discover.
- Larger than life enemies – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice features fantastical fearsome enemies and bosses. Players will battle with larger-than-life enemies that will test their mettle in a variety of situations.
Some New Sekiro Images to keep you entertained while you wait!
In the meantime, check out the recent Lore reveals, E3 Sekiro Preview, Sekiro To Have Eavesdropping: Famitsu Interviews Miyazaki – Translated, and our Dark Souls Remastered Review. You might also want to go check out the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Announcement Trailer.
And of course, there’s the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice wiki.
This post is also available in: Français