Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Upcoming DLC The Forgotten Sanctum and Patch 4.0
The Forgotten Sanctum follows the vanishing of archmage Maura, after the earth shattering tremors take hold of the islands of the Deadfire. It is in the newly opened dungeon that adventurers must seek out Maura and the threat that has now awakened there. This quest to find the archmage will determine the outcome of the Deadfire Archipelego’s most hidden mysteries.
- Traverse an expansive dungeon built into the flesh of a sleeping god.
- Encounter the highest-level challenges yet faced by the Watcher and their companions.
- Scheme with or defy the wills of Eora’s most powerful wizards.
You can check out some of the screenshots from the DLC below:
The next patch releases with “The Forgotten Sanctum”, this will contain some new features including additional sub-classes, challenges and two new Mega Bosses.
- One additional sub-class per class – That’s right! Every class in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be getting one extra sub-class, including the oft-requested Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote sub-classes!
- Respawning ships on the world map – The ships of the Deadfire will no longer be gone forever once defeated. They’ll now respawn, giving you the ability to attack, loot, and take down again.
- New Magran’s Fire Challenges:
- Ondra’s Challenge
- Storms are larger, faster, and more frequent in the Deadfire now.
- Enemy Captains are increased in rank and travel faster when chasing the Watcher
- Wael’s Challenge
- All numbers become ??? with the exception being item count, party character Attributes, Skill, and Level.
- Woedica’s Challenge
- All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
- Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
- While camping, only “Prepared Meals” will recover Injuries and Resources.
- Ondra’s Challenge
- Two new Mega Bosses
- The Wizard Savant
- The Infernal Construct
While this update doesn’t include info on console versions of Deadfire, the developers assures players that there will be an update regarding Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch in the near future.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is currently available to play on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox one and Nintendo Switch. The latest DLC The Forgotten Sanctum arrives for PC on December 13th 2018.
Be sure to check out our other Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire content, such as the previous our DLC Beast of Winter Review. Class and Build Guides, as well as tips on getting started. Oh and don’t forget our Vatnir Build Guide!