Obsidian just released the 4.0 version of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire several days ago with the release of their latest DLC: The Forgotten Sanctum, which added new Subclasses to the the game. Today they have announced a patch for that version: v4.0.1.0041, which resolves some bugs and known issues. The following are their Patch Notes.
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Patch Notes for v4.0.1.0041
- Removed the progression-breaking autosave before meeting Llengrath at the beginning of LAX03.
- Italian and Spanish languages now display God Challenge text.
- Starting a conversation with Fetid Spray while wearing Arkemyr’s Robes does not repeat giving the instructions to the player.
- Llengrath encounter to start The Forgotten Sanctum DLC can no longer start during a storm.
- NPC ships on the world map will be placed back in the sea if they get stuck inland.
- Forbidden Fist Curse Damage when stacked is calculates as expected.
- Player’s can now turn in Seeds of Deception to Llengrath and only Llengrath when they receive the quest from her.
- Izzia now appears for anyone who had previously spoken with her. New playthroughs will require the party to complete a specific encounter before she will appear in Periki’s Overlook.
- Ydwin lines in Forgotten Sanctum are missing VO
- Player cannot provide Llengrath with the Modified Annals of Llengrath once she has moved into the Scriptorium.
Work Around: Complete the quest Root and Branch prior to completing whichever wing of the Halls Obscured you decide to do second.