It was a couple months ago that Hello Games developer of No Man’s Sky shared that they would adding multiplayer in the NEXT update on July 24th 2018. The update goes live next week, they share a new trailer featuring some of the multiplayer action.
No Man’s Sky Gets Multiplayer Trailer for NEXT Update on July 24th
The official trailer shows some of the gameplay players will expect to see in the upcoming update called NEXT. Along with multiplayer comes an array of changes coming to the game. The biggest change being the addition of multiplayer, there has also been a visual overhaul as well as unlimited base building meaning players can now set up camp anywhere on any planet. Other improvements include upgrades to fleet of frigates, being able to send your fleet out into the universe and being able to invite your friends aboard your team missions in multiplayer mode.
Hello games also release an updated overview of the game:
Embark on an epic voyage to the center of a boundless universe. Entire galaxies lay waiting to be discovered. Be the first to land on beautiful, unknown planets teeming with life. Survive hazardous environments, where alien civilizations seek their fortune and outlaws take it by force.
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
For a full list of the update you can find them below:
- Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customization allows you to personalize your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge.
No Man’s Sky is available to play on PS4, Xbox One and PC, the free update will go live on July 24th 2018.
If you enjoyed reading this article be sure to check out No Man’s Sky: A Year In Review. Also be sure to check out the rundown of the latest news in Top RPG News Of The Week: July 15th 2018 (Elder Scrolls Online, Dead Cells, Monster Hunter World And More).