CD Projekt Red released new screenshots and a new video which shows off cinematics and gameplay from their upcoming Witcher 3 expansion Hearts of Stone, set to release for all platforms on October 13th, 2015.
From their press release:
Step again into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, this time hired to defeat a ruthless bandit captain, Olgierd von Everec, a man who possesses the power of immortality. The expansion lets you choose your own way through an adventure that includes recruiting a crew of break-in artists, spending a night partying with a ghost and outsmarting the most bizarre creatures Geralt has ever faced.
Launching October 13th, 2015, Hearts of Stone packs over 10 hours of new adventures and introduces new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance, and a brand new storyline shaped by gamer choices. The expansion also introduces a brand new system of Runewords that significantly affects gameplay. Each Runeword will impact a different aspect of in-game mechanics and will allow the players to experiment with various strategies and tactics.
As we reported before, following a slew of free DLC, this is the first paid expansion to the hit sequel that sold 6 million copies in its first 6 weeks, and here are the highlights on what we can expect:
- Defeat your foes using a variety of new weapons and enchanted artifacts.
- Level up even further by fulfilling new monster contracts and battling unique enemies.
- Enjoy some leisure time playing with new gwent cards, or engage in a new romantic relationship.
- Fulfill a contract for the soul-stealing Merchant of Mirrors, a mysterious traveller who helped you find Yennefer.
- Fulfill three impossible tasks to defeat Olgierd, a ruthless bandit captain under an immortality spell.
- Choose your own way through an adventure that includes recruiting a crew of break-in artists, spending a night partying with a ghost and outsmarting the most bizarre creatures Geralt has ever faced.
What could they be saying? What new tempestuous and scorned monsters will we face? Keep checking back with us for more updates as the long awaited expansion nears.
Visit the Witcher 3 Wiki