Bandai Namco and From Software have released the patch notes for a new Dark Souls 3 update coming this Friday, October 21st. The patch addresses several balancing issues and prepares the base game for the arrival of the Ashes of Ariandel DLC.
Dark Souls 3 Patch Notes & Deployment Schedule
JST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—12:00
PDT – 2016-10-21: 18:00—20:00
CEST – 2016-10-21: 03:00—05:00
JST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—16:00
PDT – 2016-10-21: 18:00—00:00
CEST – 2016-10-21: 03:00—09:00
JST – 2016-10-21: 17:00—19:00
PDT – 2016-10-21: 01:00—03:00
CEST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—12:00
Please find below the changes included in this update:
- System updates for DLC “ASHES OF ARIANDEL“.
- Adjusted poise values across the board. Poise is now more effective for heavier weapons and armor.
- Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.
- Improved the “Neck Swipe” weapon skill animation of scythe category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using whips would not deal additional damage when fully charged.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using the Pickaxe would consume stamina multiple times per attack.
- Adjusted the “Onislayer” weapon skill hitbox timings for Onikiri and Ubadachi.
- Adjusted the hitbox timings of the claw category weapon skill “Leaping Slash“.
- Fixed a bug where rolling attacks on Astora’s Greatsword could not be parried.
- Improved the “Wrath of the Gods” weapon skill animation for Wolnir’s Holy Sword.
- Improved the “Blind Spot” weapon skill animation for Corvian Greatknife and Handmaiden’s Dagger.
- Improved the “Shield Splitter” weapon skill animation for Mail Breaker and Irithyll Rapier.
- Improved the “Wolf Leap” weapon skill animation for Old Wolf Curved Sword.
- The weapon skill of Old King’s Great Hammer “Molten Perseverence” will now release lava on both hits.
- Improved the “Darkdrift” weapon skill animation for Darkdrift.
- Reduced effectiveness of rolling attack animations on Gotthard Twinswords while dual wielding. Increased effectiveness of the sorcery “Pestilent Mercury“.
- Improved the cast animation of miracle “Lifehunt Scythe“.
- Increased poison and toxic buildup of the pyromancies “Poison Mist” and “Toxic Mist“, respectively.
- Increased durability damage buildup of the pyromancy “Acid Surge“.
- Increased duration of the “Warcry” weapon skill.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s lock-on target would automatically change even if “Toggle auto lock-on” was set to “OFF”.
- Fixed a bug where the leader board for Darkmoon Knights would display incorrect statistics.
- Fixed a bug where the fog wall near Holy Knight Hodrick would sometimes not disappear during multiplayer even after defeating him.
- Fixed a bug where Orbeck of Vinheim would sometimes die before the player purchased all his spells.
- Fixed a bug where Patches and Greirat would never return if sent to steal after defeating all bosses.
- Fixed a bug where female characters were subject to counter damage during certain movement animations.
- Fixed a bug where equipping Vordt’s Great Hammer or Irithyll Straight Sword in the left hand would cause enchantments to disappear from weapons in the right hand.
- Fixed a bug where two-handing certain weapons would cause the stealth effect on Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Hornet Ring was not working for claw category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks could not be performed using Farron Greatsword.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks using Lothric Knight Sword were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks using Onikiri and Ubadachi were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.
This is quite a lengthy bit of changes to pore over and debate as it relates to balance. Keep checking back with us for more on Dark Souls 3 and the Ashes of Ariandel expansion which releases next week, October 25th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Visit the Dark Souls 3 Wiki
More on Dark Souls 3