Bandai Namco isn’t ceasing the release of new information regarding several of their video game titles. The newest gameplay trailer that was revealed comes from the highly loved anime and manga My Hero Academia. My Hero One’s Justice is the official title for North America and Europe.
My Hero One’s Justice Reveal
The developer has released the box art for the game, the cover shows the main protagonist Izuku who is the key role in the original manga.
My Hero One’s Justice Trailer
Bandai Namco also shared a trailer showing playable characters:
The trailer showcases several playable characters and sneak peeks of their movesets. The characters we see are:
- Izuku Midoriya
- Katsuki Bakugō
- Ochako Uraraka
- Tenya Iida
- Shōto Todoroki
- Tsuyu Asui
- Denki Kaminari
- Momo Yaoyorozu
- Shōta Aizawa aka Eraser Head
- Toshinori Yagi aka All Might
- Chizome Akaguro aka Stain, The Hero Killer
- Tomura Shigaraki
Since E3, there have been more information about the roster of My Hero. There will be 20 characters which all have been confirmed. The roster includes:
- Izuku Midoriya (Confirmed)
- Katsuki Bakugō (Confirmed)
- Ochako Uraraka (Confirmed)
- Tenya Iida (Confirmed)
- Shōto Todoroki (Confirmed)
- Fumikage Tokoyami (Confirmed)
- Tsuyu Asui (Confirmed)
- Denki Kaminari (Confirmed)
- Eijiro Kirishima (Confirmed)
- Momo Yaoyorozu (Confirmed)
- Kyoka Jiro (Confirmed)
- Shōta Aizawa aka Eraser Head (Confirmed)
- Toshinori Yagi aka All Might (Confirmed)
- Chizome Akaguro aka Stain, The Hero Killer (Confirmed)
- Tomura Shigaraki (Confirmed)
- Dabi (Confirmed)
- Himiko Toga (Confirmed)
- Gran Torino (Confirmed in Japanese Scans)
- Muscular (Confirmed in Japanese Scans)
- All For One (Shown at E3 Trailer)
Those who pre-order My Hero One’s Justice can play as Endeavor.
Mechanics, Environment, and Story
My Hero One’s Justice will use a similar battle mechanics to Bandai Namco‘s Dragonball FighterZ and Naruto installments. Just like Dragonball and Naruto, My Hero will use a “team like” mechanic which is dubbed the “Sidekick System”. Players can choose up to 2 Sidekicks that can assist them in battle.
The world of My Hero is fully interactive meaning knocking opposing players or devastating attacks will wreck the surroundings giving an immersive feel.
It’s unknown how far we will get to see in this title’s story as the manga is vastly ahead of the anime. The anime is up to the Forest Training Camp Arc so I hope we can get at least to that point but I wish it will culminate to the big clash of Heroes vs Villains. My wish is perhaps confirmed with the cover art of the game that shows Tomura Shigaraki and Izuku Midoriya.