Last updated on August 3rd, 2018
Digital Sun Games and 11bit Studios released Moonlighter on PC, PS4 and Xbox One back in May. Now it gets it’s first update which contains news rooms, skins and much more.
Moonlighter Receives First Big Content Update 1.7
It was earlier this month when Digital Sun shared their roadmap for content for the adventure RPG Moonlighter. With four upcoming updates, they launch the first one which includes a host of features which they released in their latest patch notes. The update titled More Stock Update includes 100 new rooms, poisonous puddles, new post-boss room, new armor skins, added tutorials, the ability to skip cutscenes and some updated visual effects for weapons that are enchanted.
More Stock Features
- 100 New Rooms – Players will now be able to access 100 more room patterns. Introducing a new element called “the puddles”. This will poison Will in the forest, cause him to burn in the Desert and electrify him in the Tech dungeon. With these new possibilities it was possible for Digital Sun to design news rooms. There will also be rooms without puddles.
- Special post-boss room – After defeating the boss, players will be faced with an extra challenge. Killing the boss within a certain time limit will give you access to three chests. Destroy all enemies and stop the chest timer altogether. If you fail to do it quick enough only a couple of chests will unlock meaning only a true hero can gain the loot.
- New armor skins – It will be up to you to decide whether to upgrade a piece of armor, each will have a different aesthetic depending on the dungeon as well as the icon will be different for each.
- New visual effects for enchanted weapons – A new particle FX has been added for enchanted weapons, it will trigger whenever players use the weapon. There are 3 different leels of FX that are associated with enchantment level. A glint effect has also been added to the icon of an enchanted weapon when in inventory, so you can easily see which are enchanted weapons.
- New in-game tutorials – Adding scrolls that will appear whenever you upgrade your shop and some new feature will appear. New tutorials have been added for the following:
- Decoration items (Shop level 2)
- Wealthy customers (Shop level 2)
- Quests (Shop level 3)
- Crystal showcases (Shop level 3)
- Shop Helper (Shop level 4)
- DLC Back Weapon – Those who backed the Kickstarter campaign for Moonlighter will receive the unique Supporter Bow in this update. The Blacksmith will also be able to upgrade this weapon for you so it won’t become obsolete in future dungeons you face.
- Quality of Life Changes
- A Skip button is now available for custscenes.
- Tourist bubble icon has been removed as Tourists and rich people essentially work the same.
The update also brings about a number of fixes which include general, dungeon and shop orientate fixes:
- Soft lock upon starting a new game by overwriting previous save
- Inconsistency in Banker’s prices
- No longer possible to open Inventory during Intro cutscene
- Updated Chinese and Japanese translations
- FPS Drop after resuming game from an extended “soak” on pause menu
- Soft lock after finishing credits that were opened during gameplay
- Random crash after publisher screen
- No longer possible to open chest during “waking up” animation
- Exclamation mark remaining above NPC even after everything was “read”
- PS4 Touchpad button instead of Xbox “View” button on Map binding
- GUI was not refreshing upon swapping held items in the inventory
- Overlapping buttons in options when opened for the first time
- Cursor no longer goes back to the top of the list after crafting something at the Blacksmith
- It was not being possible to enchant items that were placed in bedside chest
- Credits texts overlapped with button prompts in Russian and German
- Issues with cursor in multi-paged bedside chest
- Soft lock upon pausing game during Merchant Emblem tutorial
- Dungeon blocker after killing first monster mini-wave before the second appears in Enemy Waves Secret room
- No longer possible to open inventory between two stages of the final boss fight
- Crash on picking up an item that was dropped on death in Tutorial Dungeon
- Skeletons were looking intact upon returning to the room again
Shop oriented fixes:
- Notebook prices were not recorded if the item before patching to 1.6 was sold for a cheaper price than after the update
- Items from previous sale were displayed on sales summary if the game was quit before closing shop
- No longer possible to receive two quests requesting the same item
Moonlighter is now available to play on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and coming to Nintendo Switch later this year on September 25th 2018. The update is already available for free on PC with Xbox One and Playstation 4 coming in the next few weeks.