Capcom’s highly anticipated Monster Hunter World is only beaten by its more highly anticipated Spring Update. Hunters were so psyched about last week’s “A Simple Task” quest, which was to be the introduction of Deviljho, however it wasn’t. Instead of revealing Deviljho, Capcom announced they were going to do a livestream on March 14th at 7am EST to discuss the new changes in the Spring Update. This is a hefty one so please take your time digesting it (pun intended).
Spring Update Contents & Upcoming Events
- Will have increased damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Charged Slash II, Charged Slash III, Strong Charged Slash II, and Strong Charged Slash III.
- Will receive improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection as well as a bug fix to Helm Breaker
- Foresight slash’s will have a longer window to successfully trigger.
- An increased hitbox.
- Increased damage
- Increased the angle that players can control the direction of the attack
- Bug fix for Spirit Helm Breaker, players will be immune to knockbacks until they land on the ground
- Will receive stronger round slash and the ability to use wedge beetles with the weapon out.
- Will receive increased stun damage for charged attacks.
- Charge Level 2 – Charged upswing and brutal upswing
- Charge Level 3 – Charged Big Bang
- Will give players attack up when they encore on top of knock back protection.
- The self buff for horn which is done by pressing triangle twice.
- Effect is “Attack Up+ Deflected Attack Prevention”
- Will receive stronger wyvern blasts with less sharpness.
- Shelling damage will increase when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Decreased sharpness loss for Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks
- Increase damage for Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire
- Will have Zero Sum Discharge adjusted
- Will receive Level 4 earplugs on Zero Sum Discharge.
- Can chain Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher will have increase damage
- Mounted Discharge Finisher won’t cause sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge Bug Fix: after using, players will be immune to knockbacks until they land on the ground.
- Will receive balance adjustements to both Impact and Power Element Phials
- Attack power increases from effects other than of the Artillery Skill (explosions on Impact Phials) were adjusted.
- Super Amped Element Discharge stun values for Impact Phials were lowered.
- Phial stun values were increased for all attacks besides Super Amped Element Discharge
- Elemental values increased for all attack phials
- Power element phials explosions during Super amped element discharge are spaced closer together to make them easier to hit the target.
- Will receive improvements to extract attack power and duration
- Improved the effects of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects
- Extract times increased overall
- Extract effects times do no decrease while mounting a monster
- Adjusted to be easier to use
- Will have a temporary knockback negation during a successful counter thrust
- Demon Gauge is easier to maintain
- Demon Gauge can be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Furry Rush
- Bug fix for Demon mode where players couldn’t cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Will receive bug fixes
- Bug fix for Dashing Shot where spread/power shots skill effect was applied twice
- Bug fix for Dragon Piercer where players could shoot past the attack angle limitations. It will now shoot straight ahead when shot with the camera angle past the attack;s angle limitations.
- No changes announced at the moment.
Quality of Life Changes
- Faster load times
- Ability to boot from gathering hall
- Adjustable subtitles size
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- Ability to return to gathering hall after quest
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- No flinching during monster carves
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Introduction of “Hunters Grooming Ticket”
“Hunter’s Grooming Ticket” allows players to redo their character appearance. Since this feature already exist to an extent, it be will a more thorough reset including gender change. All players will receive 1 ticket on March 16th and they have the option to purchase more.
We have heard your requests to have the ability to re-edit your in-game character, so we’re giving everyone one free Character Edit Voucher on March 16th. This voucher will be available for free in the PlayStation Store and Xbox Game Store, but it is a one-time use token, so please use it wisely. Here’s what you can and cannot edit with this voucher:
- Hunter gender
- Hunter physical appearance (skin tone, features, etc.)
- Hunter cosmetic appearance (hairstyle, facepaint, etc.). Note you can already do these at any time
- Hunter name
- Palico name
- Palico appearance
If you choose to make further edits after you’ve consumed the free Character Edit voucher, we’ll be offering more vouchers for purchase at a later date.
Spring Blossom Festival
The Spring Blossom Festival will run from April 6th to April 19th.
- Starting April 5th 5pm PT / April 6th 12am GMT
- Ending April 18th 5pm PT / April 20th 12am GMT
The Festival will have previously released events quests available in the gathering hall. Special meal at the Canteen in the gathering hall has increased rates for skills during this time period. 2 Lucky Tickets instead of 1 will be awarded to players when they redeem their log in bonus. Receptionists will have new costumes related to the event also.
Devil May Cry Event
Armor will be separate parts as opposed to the full sets of the Street Fighter 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn event armors. This allows players to mix and match pieces to their heart’s content. Be sure to check out the DMC event here.
This long awaited event will be available for all from April 13th to April 27th. This event will feature a tiny Odogaron and perhaps the large crown one also. Be sure to not miss this event!
New Poogie Costumes
On April 6th there will be an event quest that grants players new Poogie outfits.
Community Event: Meatiest of Chops
Prepare for the “Meatiest of Chops” event quest which allows all to forge the community created Great Sword: Wyvern Ignition on April 6th to 20th.
Introduction of Deviljho
His armor set is called the Vangis armor: Vangis α and Vangis β and there will be a Deviljho weapon for each class. He will invade 6 star quest and 7 quests in addition to high rank expeditions once players completed the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, players will unlock the Deviljho assignment.
Check out our other Monster Hunter World Guides!