Capcom have released the outline for upcoming patch 12.01 for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne which includes Stygain Zinogre, new weapon trees, armor, skills and more.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update 12.01
The Monster Hunter Word Iceborne update 12.01 will add a new host of content which arrives on Thursday December 5th 0:00 (UTC).
- PlayStation®4: About 2.1GB (only this update)
- Xbox One: About 2.8GB (only this update)
New Iceborne Additions
The update will bring a new cutscene that shows the Tundra Region which accompanies the Stygian Zinogre. All new content additions are below:
- Added cutscene that unlocks the Tundra Region in the Guiding Lands.
- Added new weapon trees, armor, and skills.
- Added Stygian Zinogre. (Stygian Zinogre will appear in a cutscene in the Guiding Lands, after finishing the story of Iceborne.)
- A tempered version of Ruiner Nergigante will now appear in the game.
There also new action updates, some applying to Iceborne and others applying to all versions of the game:
- (Iceborne) Removed the damage reaction from the startup of the sword & shield’s Claw Uppercut.
- (Iceborne) The sword & shield’s Claw Uppercut can now soften a monster’s hide.
- (Iceborne) Adjusted damage on the sword & shield’s Perfect Rush.
- Adjusted design on how other players are knocked back from explosions caused by the gunlance’s Wyrmstake Blast.
- Adjusted various dual blade actions.
- (Iceborne) Instead of dropping slinger ammo, the dual blades’ Spinning Rising Slash will now wound parts easier.
- Fixed an issue where cluster bomb reload speed was normal or reload wouldn’t perform while aiming when using the heavy bowgun.
- (Iceborne) Adjusted design on the hunting horn’s Extended Health Recovery so health could be regained even when taking damage over time.
- (Iceborne) Adjusted how much ammo is used by the flinch shot when the Slinger Capacity skill is active.
- Adjusted the Frostcraft skill so that the insect glaive will no longer consume its gauge when performing a moving mounted attack.
System updates for Iceborne include a new decor for your room in Seliana, new background music while in your roomm new layered armor and new pendants. You can see all system updates below:
- (Iceborne) New decor can now be placed in your room in Seliana.
- (Iceborne) New BGM can now be played in your room in Seliana.
- New designs for the Squad Card added.
- (Iceborne) New Pendants added.
- Starter-friendly Defender weapon line added (forgeable at the Smithy).
- Starter-friendly Defender α armor set added (purchasable from the Armory).
- New feature added to upgrade armor to its maximum level automatically with the available armor spheres.
- When obtaining analyzed special tracks in the Guiding Lands or when analysis is finished, other players in your expedition will now obtain the same special tracks.
- The leader of the Guiding Lands expedition can now decrease specific region levels manually by speaking to the Handler.
- (Iceborne) New layered armor added.
- New Weapon Pose added. Your hunter will perform different poses depending on the equipped weapon.
There also a bunch of bug fixes and updates that come with this patch. You can find all the details on the Monster Hunter World Iceborne wiki.
For more Monster Hunter World news be sure to read next Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update To Add Stygian Zinogre and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Raccoon City And All-New Horizon Zero Dawn Collaboration Event.