Last updated on October 21st, 2018
New events in Monster Hunter World have allowed for some upgrading of previous end-game builds. This article will give you an idea for a powerful Longsword build that is fun and effective. Arch Tempered Zorah Magdaros brought the Zorah Armor γ to the game which I will focus on in this build.
MHW: Zorah Magdaros Gamma Longsword Build
Before we had Kulve Taroth, Dante, and Arch Temp Vaal, most of the end game armor was Death Stench, Dober, Dragonking Eyepatch, Kushala, and Nergigante. Most armor sets used the handicraft charm to raise sharpness to white. Now its Drachen with Nergigante helmet but we can create an unorthodox build like the one below.
Blast Me Away Mami (Critical Status)
Empress Sword “Styx”
- Slot in Weakness Exploit on your Helmet
- Slot in 2 Crit Boost on your Gauntlets
- Slot in 2 Maximum Might on your Leggings and 1 Maximum Might on your Waist.
- This leaves players with 4 empty Level 3 slots to customize this build to their liking.
- Starting affinity from the sword is 10% +10% from affinity augment = 20% + 30% from Critical Eye Level 7 + 5% from Attack Level 4 = 55%
- If Maximum Might is active players will receive another 30% making affinity 85%. Combined with the 15% from Weakness Exploit, players will have 100% affinity while hitting weak spots.
- Use the Apothecary Mantle to help increase the probability of triggering status build up.
- Players have 4 open slots they can adjust this build to their liking. One suggestion is adding Peak Performance Decorations to combo with the Temporal Mantle
If you are looking for more Monster Hunter World info, you can go in-depth with our featured guides: All Armor Limits, Everything about Kulve Taroth, Long Sword Elemental Limits, Dual Blades’ Max Element & Status Limits, Attack Values & You, Crown Sizes & You, Monster Hunter World: The Canteen Explained With Ingredient Guide or Monster Hunter World: End Game Guide.
There are several more MHW guides that you don’t want to miss out on!