Capcom’s Monster Hunter World gets a new, small update delivering mostly minor bug fixes along with changes that were implemented in the last update but had not been made public. You can read Patch Note History on its dedicated page on the wiki.
This update is 92 MB on the PS4 and 79 MB on the Xbox One.
MHW: Update 4.01 Contents
Release Date for Update 4.01
- PlayStation 4: June 14, 2018 (UTC) June 13, 2018 (EDT)
- Xbox One: June 14, 2018 (UTC)
- This update includes minor bug fixes.
Applied Changes; Late Notice
The following changes were implemented during the update 4.00/184.108.40.206.
- With the addition of Lunastra and Teostra in update Ver. 4.00/220.127.116.11, they have now also been added to the pool of Threat Level 3 investigations.
- The draw chance for certain tempered elder dragon investigations have been revised.
- All Threat Level 3 investigations now have an equal chance of having increased special reward slots. Originally, varying values were used to determine the number of special reward slots for each tempered elder dragon investigation, but these have all been matched to the value for Vaal Hazak, which was the highest.
- You may see increased special reward slots for Threat Level 3 investigations that you possessed before this fix was applied in Ver. 4.00/18.104.22.168.
- The chance for increased special reward slots for tempered Vaal Hazak has not changed. (Since it was the highest)
- The search conditions have been relaxed for the Online Session “Matchmake” search option. (If you are HR 100 or higher, “Matchmake” may put you in Online Sessions made by players between HR 100 and HR 999.)
- The naming method for investigations in other languages has been changed to match the Japanese. Investigation names now include the main target in addition to the quest type (hunt, capture, or slay). Affected languages include: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
Slaying Investigation ⇒ Slay: Great Jagras
Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras
Great Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras, etc.
Capture Investigation ⇒ Capture: Great Jagras
- Mistakes were corrected in the Asian version text for Traditional Chinese and Russian customer support information.
If you are looking for more Monster Hunter World info, you can go in-depth with our featured guides: Summer Twilight Festival, All MHW Guild Card Backgrounds, All Armor Limits, Everything about Kulve Taroth, Long Sword Elemental Limits, Attack Values & You, Crown Sizes & You, Monster Hunter World: The Canteen Explained With Ingredient Guide or Monster Hunter World: End Game Guide.
There are several more MHW guides that you don’t want to miss out on!