Capcom just announced via their official Japanese twitter account that the Behemoth update for Monster Hunter World, which will be their 4th free update, will be arriving on August 2nd as part of the Final Fantasy XIV crossover event. Along side their tweet, Capcom has release a new video about the upcoming event which shows off new armor and a new insect glaive for players to strive to acquire.
Remember that this weekend on July 15th, Capcom will be showing off gameplay footage of this event so tune in! In case you missed it this article will be updated with everything you need to know so bookmark it for future reference.
MHW: Behemoth Summer Update Contents
- Release Date: August 1st, 2018 at 8 PM EDT.
- New Dragoon armor and Dragoon Insect Glaive to obtain.
- Possible new quest with a powered up Kulu Ya-Ku.
- Moogle α Palico Armor
- Cactuars environmental hazards will be scattered.
Behemoth Event Quest
He Taketh It With His Eyes
- ? ★ located in the Elder Recess
- Players Must Slay Behemoth
- Must be HR 16+
- Only 35 mins to do so
Behemoth’s Battle Information
- Behemoth’s horns can be broken.
- Behemoth’s tail can be cut.
- Behemoth can be mounted.
- Behemoth causes bleeding.
- Behemoth can be put to sleep.
- Use the smaller comets as cover to avoid his Rage AOE comet attack.
- Farcasters cant be use to avoid the comet attack.
- Getting hit with the comet is an auto faint
- He uses thunder and fire techniques.
- He is weak to water.
- Attacking his head raise enmity which is good.
- Loot from quest: tail, bone, skin, talons/horn, jewels.
- Team Composition
- 1 DPS
- 1 Defense
- Wide Range
- Health Boost
- Water Element
- Abnormal status
- Health Regen
MHW: Update 5.00 Contents
Along with the summer content comes some changes and bug fixes. The fixes will be for Playstation 4 and Xbox One, you can find the update times below. You can also read all Patch Note History on its dedicated page on the wiki.
Release Date for Update 5.00
- PlayStation 4: August 2, 2018 (UTC) August 1, 2018 (EDT)
- Xbox One: August 2, 2018 (UTC) August 1, 2018 (EDT)
- This update includes minor bug fixes.
- Addition of Behemoth, Dragoon Armor, new weapons, Moogle α Palico Armor, and Cactuars in the world of MHW.
- A bug was fixed where Dragon Piercer would fire outside the intended range when the reticle was moved out of range the moment Dragon Piercer is fired, and the player tries to aim the bow.
- A bug was fixed where the axe would continue to rotate when cancelling from Super Amped Element Discharge to Amped Element Discharge with no phials stocked.
- A bug was fixed where the connecting animation would not play and instead an attack would be performed when canceling the last half of a recovery animation (knockback, blow back, etc.) with Amped Element Discharge or Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Fixed a bug where holding the R2 button (PS4) or right trigger (Xbox One) while landing after the 2nd stage of a Plunging Thrust (after comboing into it from a Rising Slash after a slide) would not transition into a guard.
- The behavior of the camera during Tackle I and II wasn’t going back to normal when the action finished, resulting in unforeseen behavior. They have now been fixed to match the behavior of the camera from Tackle III.
- A bug was fixed where a Charged Upswing would be performed when charging and attempting to perform a Spinning Strong Upswing while moving down a slope (before the player begins to slide).
- A bug was fixed where a Mid Thrust would occur if you attempted a Guard Dash after a Counter-thrust.
- A bug was fixed where a forward Guard Dash would occur regardless of the direction pushed.
- A bug was fixed where a Guard Dash would not work if the player preemptively input the Guard Dash when the player and the direction pushed were completely the same.
- A bug was fixed where Directional Control Type 2 would not work properly when pressing forward during the Switch Axe’s Overhead Slash.
- A bug was fixed where Wild Swing’s attack hitbox would disappear mid-attack when the timing to press Triangle (PS4) or Y (Xbox One) to perform Axe: Overhead Slash was too fast.
- A bug was fixed where the phial gauge would not replenish when using a whetstone while the weapon was sheathed.
- Fixed a bug that made it appear (to players on the guest side of multiplayer) that monsters were sliding when knocked down on a slope and the down animation was replaced by a paralysis animation or similar.
- A bug was fixed where the target camera would target another monster by itself when a targeted slain monster’s body disappeared during multi-monster slay quests.
Be sure to check the Final Fantasy XIV x Monster Hunter world event.
If you are looking for more Monster Hunter World info, you can go in-depth with our featured guides: Summer Twilight Festival, All MHW Guild Card Backgrounds, All Armor Limits, Everything about Kulve Taroth, Long Sword Elemental Limits, Attack Values & You, Crown Sizes & You, Monster Hunter World: The Canteen Explained With Ingredient Guide or Monster Hunter World: End Game Guide.
There are several more MHW guides that you don’t want to miss out on!