Developer Ocean Drive Studio has announced a single-player turn-based RPG Lost Eidolons for consoles and PC releasing in 2021.
Lost Eidolons A Turn-Based Tactical RPG Announced for Consoles and PC
Developer Ocean Drive Studio has announced the single-player turn-based tactical RPG Lost Eidolons for consoles and PC. It will go into Early Access for PC later in 2021. According to an article by Gematsu the aim for the developer is to release the title on Xbox, but to also bring the title to Playstation and Switch as well. The game will also support English, Korean and other languages which are to be determined. The trailer debuted during the twitchgaming id@Xbox Showcase 2021 stream.
Lost Eidolons follows the story of Eden, a reputable mercenary in the fantasy world of Artmesia. An aristocratic conspiracy that causes him to follow the machinations of fate, a plot to overthrow the Emperor, Ludivictus. His journey will be riddled with “moral dilemmas, bitter farewells and emotional betrayal.
The game uses both tactical turn-based grid combat and an out-game unit management system, to outwit and hopefully prevail in the the revolution. What’s interesting about the trailer is you can see both the turn-based battles, but also some real-time exploration.
Official key features of the game can be found below:
- Strategic Turn-Based Tactical Combat – Leverage the terrain, careful positioning to execute synergistic effects, and the unique strengths of your army’s composition to deal with any enemy encounter. How you employ your strategy allows you to minimalize casualties on the battlefield.
- In-Depth Character Customization – Unlock new equipment, discover over a dozen unique combat classes, and arm your units with a varied selection of skills and spells that will help them seize victory.
- Explore a Meaningful Outgame – Take time to strengthen the resolve of allies and see this effort yield powerful results on the battlefield. Leverage affinity with visiting NPCs in the camp to potentially earn new recruits. Strengthen your units by training with them and learn their stories in via their side quests.
- A Carefully Crafted Classic Story – A story revolving around the bonds formed between comrades struggling for freedom in a continent marred by war and political turmoil, along with a backstory that is influenced by the mythos of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations.
- Beautifully Orchestrated Original Soundtrack – Orchestrated by the talented composer Clark Aboud, the brilliant mind behind the score of memorable games such as Slay the Spire and Factory Town.
Lost Eidolons will be releasing on PC via Early Access in 2021, The full launch will come to PC and consoles.
For a rundown of recent RPG news you can find it here in Top RPG News Of The Week: March 28th (Biomutant, Magic: Legends, Atomic Heart And More!).