Finished the Destiny 2‘s Leviathan Raid and wonder what is there to do now? Want to look fine and sublime with attractive emblems? Load up the “Leviathan Raid” and try out the challenge modes on the encounters. Each week the challenges will rotate and successfully doing the challenge will net you another chest (full of tokens and a raid weapon or armor if lucky).
Destiny 2 | Raid Challenges Guide
- Royal Pools Challenge Guide
- The Gauntlet Challenge Guide
- Pleasure Gardens Challenge Guide
- Calus Challenge Guide
- All Raid Challenges
Royal Pools Challenge Guide
- Split into 3 teams: 1 Soloer, 1 Swimmer, 4 Revolvers
- Soloer will take the Beast (Dog) Plate
- Swimmer will stay in the center pool at all times
- 3 Revolvers will take the last 3 plates ( Cup, Axe, Dudes with Axes)
- Final Revolver will start in the middle off to the side
To start the encounter, the swimmer will stand in the water while everyone else will hop on their plates. The swimmer will quickly grab the center orb and stay in center pool. His Psionic Protection will diminish faster than the rest of the team. The swimmer must NOT leave the center water by any means (no jumping or being blown upwards by psions) and should pick up an orb whenever their protection gets low. The final revolver will head towards the Cup plate (top right). When he is in sight of the person he is relieving, they should leave towards the center to pick up an orb (it’s okay to leave early).
Then, they should head towards the axe plate (top left) and the person standing on axe plate should leave when they can see the person coming to relieve them. That person will head towards the center, pick up an orb and head towards the dudes with axes plate (bottom right). The soloer will relieve themselves whenever they run low on protection (should kill ~2 bathers). Once the chains lock, everyone head towards the center and start damaging the canisters.
Have someone outside the water to clear enemies while everyone else is focused on the canisters. Once a majority of players protection has gone out quickly, head back to their starting position to quickly start the second attempt. If someone dies during the encounter, have someone who is in transit revive them and continue the rotation. Players may have to relieve themselves if this happens.
- Soloer should be a reliable player. Bonus points if they are a Warlock Class since they can heal themselves.
- Swimmer and Final Revolver should work together after the first damage phase in case either one of them dies in the pool area.
- Have a captain leading the revolvers in case a mistake happens (player dies or messes up rotation).
Video Example of the Royal Pools Challenge Guide:
The Gauntlet Challenge Guide
For this challenge players will have to split into 2 groups of 3. Each person will get a job to do per round and they CAN NOT do a job more than once. The jobs include:
- Running the gauntlet
- Shooting bottom most arrow then punching the psion that appears
- Start on Dog/Cup plate respectively, shoot the topmost arrow, then move on to the next plate in the rotation
Players can divide the jobs among themselves or if they need guidance, try using the system below:
Player A will run first round, hit psions and shoot the bottom-most arrow for the second round, and finally stand on plate and shoot top-most arrow.
A) Run –> Psion, shoot bottom –> Plate, shoot top
B) Psion, shoot bottom –> Plate, shoot top –> Run
C) Plate, shoot top –> Runner –> Psion, shoot bottom
Video Example of the Gauntlet Challenge Guide:
Pleasure Gardens Challenge Guide
“Towards the encounter we have started
Into the pleasure gardens. My actions reverb throughout
Causing you to howl, killing my volupture.”
By The First
It’s time for the Pleasure Gardens Challenge. This challenge is more of an annoyance, than a difficult challenge. In this challenge the players who shoot the flowers can only shoot once.
This limits the buff the team can have up to a x24 multiplier, afterwards, those 2 players will switch with new “shooters” and attempt to gain another x24 multiplier in that same round. And everything else stays the same in the encounter. Everyone picks a royal beast to defeat and once all 6 are down, bask in the dual treasure chests that spawn.
- Players who are shooters are refreshed after a round. For example: Player A can be the shooter for Round 1 and 2.
- Use your best shooters first if the group can’t get past x24 because if the fireteam gets 3 rounds of x24 they will be able to accomplish the challenge.
Video Example of the Pleasure Gardens Challenge Guide:
Calus Challenge Guide
Finally, we have reached Calus and the last challenge that players can undertake. This challenge forces players during the damage phase to activate all the plates at once. This new constraint forces players to lose out on time and damage per second while damaging Calus. This will also force players to do multiple phases.
- Do the 2-4 strategy: 2 players in the Throne Room and 4 players in the Shadow Realm.
- Have the strongest players do the Throne Room.
- Try to have a varied team composition.
- Leave roughly 30% of life remaining to avoid Calus leaving lava spots in the Throne Room
- If doing the 2-4 strategy, players may have to switch to the 3-3 strategy for the third phase because of low ammo and security reasons.
- Have 1 player on Sun, Dog, and Axe plate while the 3 best players will be on Cup plate. Bonus points if the 3 players are: Hunter, Titan, and Warlock.
All Raid Challenges
Destiny 2 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Feature Image Credit: Nvalkyrja
Be sure to check out her other works on Twitter.
More Gaming Guides