Last updated on October 16th, 2020
Neocore Games has announced the tactical turn-based RPG King Arthur: Knight’s Tale will be coming to PC in Q1 2021, with PS5 and Xbox Series X arriving later.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Tactical RPG Announced for Consoles and PC
Based on the Arthurian mythology, King Arthur’s Knight’s Tale tactical RPG is a mix of turn-based tactical games, plus more traditional RPG centric characters. The developer Neocore Games has announced the game will be launching on PC in Q1 2021. Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X will also be getting the turn-based title but at a later date.
Neocore has setup a Kickstarter campaign with the pledged goal of $150,000 USD to complete development of the game, it has already reached $37,000, with 28 days to go. This is the same developer behind Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor and the Action-RPG The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.
ANNOUNCING KING ARTHUR: KNIGHT’S TALE, a role-playing tactical game set in an Arthurian dark fantasy world.
— NeocoreGames | now on KICKSTARTER ⚔️ (@NeocoreGames) October 13, 2020
Official features shared on the Kickstarter page include 5 diverse classes, 30 heroes to choose from to pick for your team, diverse battle maps and more:
- Your Fights – Control a small team of heroes and fight grueling, but satisfying battles with a deeply engaging, tactical turn-based combat system. Choose from more than 30 heroes of five diverse classes and combine hundreds of skills and artifacts to assemble an efficient team.
- Your Heroes – Gather your own Knights of the Round Table and send them on knightly quests. These heroes are the most important resources and the most complex gameplay elements at the same time. But beware! Death is always final! You must manage them at the Round Table accordingly, planning ahead before going into battles. The character progression system is designed to be as deep as in the traditional RPGs: heroes level up on unique skill trees and the complex loot system provides unique options to fine-tune their tactical capabilities. Each hero has a distinctive personality and their loyalty is constantly changing through the decisions made by the player – in certain cases they can ever leave the Round Table and turn against you.
- Your Kingdom – See the entirety of Avalon presented on a the Adventure Map, observe all the territory, select your missions and explore various places. Management in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale focuses on rebuilding Camelot and expanding the mystical Stronghold with new buildings that each unlock various upgrades, and also offers different ways to heal up and manage the heroes of the Round Table.
- Your Legend – Play as Sir Mordred, the former nemesis of King Arthur. Explore the mystical island of Avalon, venture on knightly quests and make decisions in various encounters where you’ll need to make moral choices, as in most RPGs, which all have impact on the story and your Morality. The end of the campaign opens up new endgame content for the bravest of all: tough new challenges appear on the map with challenging, mythic boss fights and random quests, loot, and character progression ultimately leading to the banishing of Balor, the monstrous god-king of the Fomorians himself.
- Beyond the Legend – Complete more than 50 unique points of interest on the Adventure Map, including 20 story missions and various side quests, taking place on diverse terrains, from the dark castle dungeons to the forests of the Sidhe—built by using photoscanned environments and high-quality mocap animation, all rendered inside a modern PBR engine utilizing DirectX 12, supporting strong, atmospheric effects. Challenge 7 enemy factions, fight more than 50 types of enemy units, overcome 10 incredible boss fights throughout your quests.
You can check out the announcement trailer below which is looks pretty intriguing:
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale will be coming to PC in Q1 2021 for PC, and later on PS5 and Xbox Series X. You can help back the Kickstarter campaign to help them reach their goal, the campaign ends November 12th.
For more news be sure to read next