Last updated on February 19th, 2019
Just this week Team Cherry were teasing a new Hollow Knight character The Hornet, but now share on Valentine’s day that it is a follow up sequel to the massively successful Metroidvania Hollow Knight.
Hollow Knight Gets A Sequel
Team Cherry shared on Twitter earlier this week about The Hornet and teased they would be revealing the first look on February 14th which lead us to believe that a new DLC would be revealed on Thursday. However, in a surprise announcement that was shared in a post on their website, a sequel called Hollow Knight: Silksong was unveiled.
Official description for Hollow Knight Silksong:
Explore a vast, haunted kingdom in Hollow Knight: Silksong, the sequel to the award winning action-adventure! Discover enchanting secrets and face foes in lethal, acrobatic combat as you ascend to the peak of a land ruled by silk and song. Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the epic action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
While originally the Hornet’s narrative was suppose to be a DLC, Team Cherry quickly realised that it would be too big to be just a chapter and created a game of its own. Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available on Windows, Mac, Linux and Nintendo Switch.
You can find a full list of the features as stated by the post below:
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps, and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfill the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – you must defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
Not only do those who backed the original Kickstarter campaign receive Hollow Knight but will “be receiving your copy of Hollow Knight: Silksong 100% free” according to the post. They thanked their contributors as it has been through community funding that helped bring this game to the finish line. This is great news for those who supported the game.
You can check out the full trailer which shows off some of the upcoming gameplay and a host of new bug themed bosses:
Hollow Knight Silksong will launch on Windows, Mac, Linux and Nintendo Switch, with more platforms possible in the future. So far launch date has not been announced but we’ll keep you posted with news as it is released.
If you enjoyed reading this article be sure to check out more Hollow Knight in Hollow Knight Gets Free DLC Gods & Glory and Hollow Knight Gets Physical Release For PS4, Xbox One And Switch. You can also check out our brand new Silksong wiki which will be updated with the latest info as its released.