Last updated on March 19th, 2021
Developer Clover Bite has released new gameplay footage for upcoming metroidvania souls-like Grime.
Grime A Souls-Like Metroidvania Gets New Gameplay Video
Combining a mix of surreal, anatomical horror with the souls-like experience, GRIME is an Action-Adventure RPG that looks uniquely creepy. Clover Bite the developer behind the gruesome-looking title has released some new footage that shows off the gameplay, including mutating living weapons and challenging combat.
Official features can be found below including mutating creature weapons, parrying, unique skill progression and more:
- Eye-Popping Surrealism – Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Living Weapons – Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from clawing swords to centipede whips.
- Death-Defying Combat – Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Unique Skill Progression – Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses – Battle against creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.
Previously Clover Bite revealed some of the game’s combat mechanics including a black hole that can suck enemies in, letting the player gain their power and use them to attack. This handy power also can be used to transverse the world. The game offers other features such as some challenging platforming, exploration and lets you uncover a number of secrets. You may also discover more about the alien world’s lore.
GRIME will release on PC and other platforms but so far no release date has been announced as of yet.
For more news be sure to check out next The Outer Worlds DLC Murder On Eridanos Launches March 17th.