Crate Entertainment have announced their critically accalimed ARPG Grim Dawn will be heading to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on December 3rd.
Grim Dawn Definitive Edition Heads to Xbox on December 3rd
The Grim Dawn Definitive Edition gives players access to all the enhanced features and previously released content as well as updates such as the Ashes Malmouth expansion, Forgotten Gods expansion and Crucible DLC.
The Crate development team are “thrilled to grow the community on the Xbox and expand the ARPG offering on console for the first time”. Players will be able to finally explore the vast dark world of Grim Dawn, where plenty of secrets and terrors lurk. Grim Dawn is known for its rewarding itemization, dual-class system, choice and consequence when it comes to questing, factions and rewarding end-game activities.
Grim Dawn and its DLC’s have already collectively sold nearly 7 million copies on PC, with a 94% positive rating on Steam. The title is available to pre-order on the Xbox store for $54.99. The title has four-person multiplayer, so if you don’t want to traverse the world of Grim Dawn alone, you can team up together. If you’re looking for further challenges try the special locked challenge dungeons that will need a crafted key, offering a rogue-like experience, where enemy levels just keep increasing as you progress, and you cannot use player teleports.
You can check out the official key features below:
- Dual Class – Combine any of six distinct classes with over 25 skills and modifiers per class. Base classes include Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist and Shaman.
- Collect hundreds of Items – Common, magical, rare, epic and legendary classes of loot. Plus over 20,000 possible magical affix combinations and over 200 rare affixes.
- Quests with Choice and Consequence – You will face tough decisions that leave significant impacts upon the world. Strangers on the road, desperate families and even entire villages may live or perish based on your actions. Currently over 35 quests with 75+ lore notes to be collected.
- Friendly and Enemy Factions – Earn favor with human factions to unlock additional quest lines, vendor discounts and special faction-based items and augments. Some neutral factions can be turned into allies but aiding one will make the enemy of another. Hostile factions will remember your deeds and deepen their hatred of you, sending out large packs and elite heroes to hunt you down.
- Devotion – An additional layer of skill customization allows you to acquire bonuses and powerful secondary effects for your class skills. These are unlocked from a giant constellation map with points acquired by finding and restoring destroyed or corrupted shrines hidden throughout the world.
- Rebuild the World – Help human enclaves survive and flourish by securing vital necessities, rebuilding structures and rescuing survivors who can then lend their services to your cause.
- 4 Person Multiplayer – Connect with Friends or make new allies in glorious multiplayer. Multiplayer encounters will put your teamwork to the ultimate challenge.
- Fast-paced Visceral Combat – Enemy blood spatters, ragdoll physics and satisfying enemy death effects. Smash in doors and fight house to house, leaving a path of demolished furniture in your wake.
- Rotatable Camera – If you choose to survey the full beauty of the world and always fight from the most optimal angle. Levels are still designed so that players are not forced to rotate the camera; it is purely optional.
- Rogue-Like Dungeons – Descend into special locked challenge dungeons that require a rare crafted key, where enemy levels increase as you progress and player teleport is disabled. There is no way out except to complete the dungeon or die trying.
Need some help with starting Grim Dawn? Check out our Grim Dawn – Tips I Wish I Knew Before Playing – Part One and Grim Dawn – Tips I Wish I Knew Before Playing – Part Two.
Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition is available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, and adventurers can start their Grim Dawn journey on December 3rd.