It’s not long until God of War is released. Kratos will return on April 20th to PS4. PS4 released a tweet on Twitter about some inspiration behind new God of War customization. God of War is available for pre-order for $59.99 on the Playstation store. For more pre-order options available check out our God of War pre-order article.
God of War Returns
The eighth game to come out of the franchise God of War (or unofficially known as God of War 4) will be releasing later this month. PS4 shared a tweet along with a short clip of an interview with Cory Barlog (Creative Director) who talks about the inspiration behind the new character customization:
What was the inspiration for character customization in God of War? Turns out it was FIFA!
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 10, 2018
God of War is the sequel to the previous release God of War III and the continuation of the story. The storyline takes place after many years have passed since the protagonist Kratos took his vengeance against the Olympian gods. Living with his young son “Atreus”, Kratos is now amongst the Norse gods in a wild savage land, where monsters and warriors both equally ferocious exist. The story is about survival, teaching his young son the way of the world. Although Kratos still suffers from rage, he must overcome this and take on the his role as a father.
- Leviathan Axe: Wield the power of the mighty Leviathan Axe which receives it’s name from the sea monster of the same name from the Hebrew bible (and said to the be the inspiration behind the name). The weapon was shown in game trailer back at E3 2016. It’s Kratos’ main weapon, a War Axe replacing his previous double-chained blades. This is no ordinary axe as it holds magical elements such as the ability to freeze enemies. Just like the gods, Kratos can summon his axe once discarded.
- Kratos’ Fists: Finish off your opponent with just your fists of fury.
- Bow and Arrow: A long range weapon, the hunt is on.
- Collapsible Shield: Kratos will carry a shield that also collapses into a gauntlet. Meant for taking enemy blows at close range. Rumors of other cosmetic looks have been hinted.
- Spartan Rage: Once enraged Kratos has the ability of Spartan Rage which increased the speed and strength.
- Head of Mimir: In the trailer release at E3 2016 and the figure released with the Stone Mason edition of God of War, Kratos can be seen wearing the Head of Mimir. The head belonging to the god Mimir (who was beheaded) from Norse mythology god of knowledge and wisdom.
- Unknown Earth Magic: It has been mentioned in a previous podcast that Kratos will have the ability to control the earth using the use of runes.
Still Time Left to Pre-Order
What are the benefits of the pre-order? Those who choose to pre-order God of War will receive straight away after purchase:
- KRATOS AVATAR
- ATREUS AVATAR
- TROLL AVATAR
- DRAGR AVATAR
- KRATOS & ATREUS AVATAR
- KRATOS AVATAR 2
After the launch of God of War on April 20th those who pre-order will receive:
- Buckler of the Forge Shield Skin
- Shining Elven Soul-Shield Shield Skin
- Dökkenshieldr Shield Skin