Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

I don't know if it's only in phase 2, but I had Gyoubu do an attack I don't think is listed (I've just added it to his list of attacks) where the horse just jumps straight into the air with Gyoubu attacking as he lands (he then did the same move a second time). Deflecting it did pretty large posture damage to him.
After beating Lady Butterfly this guy was a total joke of a boss. Fire Crackers and the grapple attack obliterates his posture, I felt kinda disappointed.
Butterfly is not difficult at all
Yeah just spam Lady Butterfly whenever you can and it will probably work
Okay is it just me or did Isshin give Gyoubu the spear he took from the Ministry general in the prologue
Wait nvm lol I’m dumb the trivia is right there

RibRabThePanda

Souls: 765.00
Wiki Edits: 138
I think that information is incorrect. There is a spear that you encounter in the game that is much more likely to be Tamura's. I'll check it out and see if it's right, wrong, or both!

JTDocRobert9

Souls: 50.00
The spear Sword Saint Isshin uses is from the General he kills in the opening prologue of the game. It is not the one Gyoubu uses.
All these dudes in the comments feeling bad for Gyoubu’s horse but what about KOKAGE?
Gyoubu: MY NAAAAAME IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA! Me: He's telling us his full name before the fight. That's not a good sign.
Can the perilous spear thrust be mikiri countered? It's the one where the spear is thrown like a javelin and pulled back by the rope.
I was trying that yesterday, but apparently Gyoubu’s aim is horrible because I could not only never hit it, but I also couldn’t figure out how to get hit BY it.

Orkwurm

Souls: 405.00
Wiki Edits: 68
Added some high-res pictures :) hope you like them. looking forward to add high-res images to all bosses. but this will take some time.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 386,303.49
Bank: 9,234.71
Wiki Edits: 32944
This is awesome <3
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Sweet mother Gyoubu
Ako bless you

leoknight

Casual
Convict

Souls: 80.00
Who else aint no noob and killed Gyobu without firecrackers on the first try? Shadows die twice? Not even once ;)
The bad thing about first trying bosses is that you don't really learn much from it. Hell, you don't even get to see the entire moveset

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
You ain’t a man till ya killed him with money lmao
Well Something have they patched because now his almost immune in phase 2 against firecracker. And he does attacks that dont show up in video and its much harder now

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
MY NAAAAAME!!! IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA!!! AS I BREATHE, YOU WILL NOT PASS THE CASTLE GATE!!!