Anything related to Dark Souls!

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
Maybe it is that it is a little clunkier, but I am having a hard time. Also, it seems like these enemies are always coming at you in multiples which I don’t remember being as big of an issue in DS3, maybe I have a shorter memory. I also am not understanding the kindled and humanity concept. I am currently trying to research this to have a better understanding. My main question is what are some decent dex build weapon that I can get early in that will serve me right for a decent time. I know everyone has their opinions I would like to hear them. Also, at the end of ds3 I started getting into using the bandit blade as I did like the bleed effect on the bosses, but I don’t know how many bosses and pve characters the bleed effect will be useful for.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
The best real early obtainable dex weapon is the Uchikatana, kill the undead merchant in undead burg and he drops it. (first buy the stuff u need from him though), dex also means parry with small fast parry tools (get parrying dagger from the area with the ghosts, it isnt that far away) and Bandit knife has the highest critical value (reposte/backstab) and does decent bleed 2.

Humanity is easy. If u not human, u ugly. Besides that, u cant summon or invade whan u aint human, but u can put down your sign to get summoned by others. If u want to get human, use a humanity so u have at least 1 soft humanity and use it at the bonfire.
Soft humanity is the amount of humanity u hold (check left-above corner for the ammount). Every humanity gives u one extra point in physical defence up to 99. So holding 99 humanity grants u 99 extra physical defence. When u die u loose all your soft humanitiy, but u can retrieve them together with your lost souls if u can manage to get to the place where u died without dying again.
A bonfire grants u 5 (or some 10) estus. Kindle the bonfire (at the cost of a soft humanity) will give u 5 extra estus, so u have 10. When u kill a certain boss, u can kindle bonfires two times more so u have 20 estus.

For me, player of the first hour, i think both DS1 and DS3 are about the same in difficulty. As for mobs, try trigger one by one.

Bleed is ok PvE, but it isnt that OP on bosses like DS3 where u can slaughter your way through the game with a louzy bandit knife.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Rizen

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,209.00
I haven't beaten the game yet but for the most part imo DS1 is easier than 3. My advice is to get a good spear or halberd. I started my run with a strength build and great swords/axes then finally got a giant's halberd and it made the game soooo much easier (at least for PvE, IDK PvP). Just swat enemies before they can hit you. Big swings clank on everything and you're frequently in confined spaces. Shielding and parries are OP in this game too. If you're having trouble with hollow mobs try to shield and counter their attacks. Also keep in mind rolls have less i frames than DS3 so you have to roll just before an attack hits.
https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
If I kill that merchant at the beginning do I lose the ability to buy something from him that I cannot get again?

LoveThieves

Souls: 155.00
Wiki Edits: 20
You get up to 2 rings in DS1 instead of 4 in DS3. Keep in mind that you fight a specific boss that will turn into 4 Bosses (if you delay the fight) with only 1 ring. To me that is pretty hard.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
LoveThieves wrote:You get up to 2 rings in DS1 instead of 4 in DS3. Keep in mind that you fight a specific boss that will turn into 4 Bosses (if you delay the fight) with only 1 ring. To me that is pretty hard.

In ds1, most rings have way more impact then the rings in ds3 in my opinion. So, less slots but more benefit.

The boss u mention can be real trival if u understand what type of damage they do and know their weakness. But if u want to make a low sl/unupgraded darkwraith they a nightmare because u only can do a bit damage and can't kill one before the other shows up so u have to fight 3 or even 4 at the same time. What works for me then is as much soft humanity as possible (extra defence) and a bit luck
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
In DS1, when you're hollow, you look ugly and you can't summon or be summoned by others.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Daddy_mclongest

Souls: 70.00
Who has a soul of sif on hand for PS4?

Brandon_Miller

Obsessed
Commander

Location: Valley of Defilement (Saginaw, MI, USA) Blighttown (Detroit, MI, USA)
Souls: 100.00
Bank: 7,621.50
Wiki Edits: 2
They are about the same. Dark Souls III has more bonfires and fast travel from the beginning. The gameplay is more polished too. Losing your humanity in Dark Souls I and having to use humanity at a bonfire are less forgiving. You can level up at any bonfire though in Dark Souls I.
Sit vis vobiscum