Anything related to Dark Souls!

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,448.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I'm on PSN, so the likely hood of hacking is slim, but the only other possible explanation for what happened to me was an OP Avelyn. I was dragon dueling and this cheeky laurel leaf trolly lookin mage summoned me. I spawn in, he's just standing there with Oolacile branch in hand and "nothing" in the other. Next thing I know "pew, pew, pewh!" YOU DIED I have 1520 HP, and I swear I didn't see his empty hand rise, as if firing a hidden Avelyn, but that has to be it. Only thing is, I didn't think an Avelyn could dish 1500+ in damage...I was full dragon body and the hit came as I was using the dragon body stone, so maybe counter damage...?
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,256.00
Wiki Edits: 4
My guess is that they were experimenting with some kind of surprise one-shot build (likely with Red Tearstone and Leo Ring since I'm pretty sure bolts/arrows do thrusting damage) and they had used the Hidden Weapon spell on the Avelyn. As for their hand not coming up, that's probably just lag. Then yeah, they pegged you with a full counterhit worth of damage, combined with the fact you have 0 armor from being full Dragon Body, it likely was just enough damage to kill you.

My vote goes Hidden Avelyn, I'd imagine most genuine hacking situations would be more noticeable as hacking, as most hackers don't stop at just "I'll pump the damage by a little bit."
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,339.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
The few hackers I've run into aren't super subtle (like Reaper mentioned). The fact that you saw a catalyst that wasn't used to kill you suggests it was there for another reason. The simple answer is just what you thought, to cast Hidden Weapon
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Didn't think about the addition of the Leo Ring, that would definitely do it. Talk about a "Good morning, good afternoon and good night!" build, that's just rude. :00012: :00006: :00011:

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Nunkuruji wrote:Also possible that Pursuers was cast, it will be invisible if cast before spawning in.

Interesting, the timing might have been right, and he was facing away from me when I spawned in, then turned towards me just like you would expect if someone had CSM or Pursuers up...that sneaky effer. Either way they knew that I wouldn't see whatever was coming my way...even gave me the shrug emote as I was fading out.

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

So it happened again, and yep, @Nunkuruji was right. No doubt about it, unseen pursuers are the worst. Is this a remastered glitch or was this always a thing? Don't remember encountering this phenomenon in the original.
Last edited by Grehym_Blak on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,701.50
Grehym_Blak wrote:So it happened again, and yep, @Nunkuruji was write. No doubt about it, unseen pursuers are the worst. Is this a remastered glitch or was this always a thing? Don't remember encountering this phenomenon in the original.

Not sure. Keep the Silver Pendant on tap for when you spawn in.
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft