Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,660.00
Okay several false starts and attempts over the last year of having this game, I finally have a decent character in the works.... just debating what to focus on next...

It started as a Str build with a little arcane, but now I'm thinking of leaving that at 15, and going into Quality as I planned to use the Burial Blade at end game,

Right now I have a ludwig's rifle +1 with a blue droplet gem on it to get some health regen, a +4 Flamesprayer, a +5 hunter's axe and I think a +4 Ludwig's holy blade,

I've beaten cleric beast, bloodstarved beast, vicar amelia, Witch of Hemwik, and Darkbeast Paarl, I have access to Cainhurst castle, forbidden woods, lecture hall, Hunter's Nightmare, hypogean Gaol (I think is the spelling).

my stats are (thereabouts)

Health: 18
Stamina: 18
Str: 20
Skill: 16ish
Bloodtinge: 10 (I misremembered the minimum stats for the rifle and put one extra level here)
Arcane: 15

So yeah just thinking where to focus on next? I'm thinking of finding a good place to grind blood echoes (just thinking where...)

penniwise

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 582.00
The lecture hall has a room with a bunch of scholars in it. you could farm them as its easy to get to from the lamp and pull them out in pretty much one big group, I think that's like 10k for a few min. running backwards from the witches lamp to the 3 Executioners is pretty fast. and that should get you more than 10k for a few min

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Huh either one sounds doable, I just need to find the room in the lecture hall that has the scholars...they aren't hard...I three shot the ONE I found when I was poking around earlier with my axe, didn't even get a move in...

But yeah between leveling up, my other goal is going to be to gear up my main weapons to +6

Also odd question I have YET to manage to stagger someone for a backstab/visceral....is it just that you can't with the hunter's axe 2h spin to win attack? Or the Ludwig's swords two hand stab? All I do is throw the enemy across the room

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Okay found the place with the students kicking some *** and grinding up some echoes focusing on my health/stamina mostly as both have been lacking me lately...

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Also for bolt damage better to just slap bolt paper on something, or upgrade Tonitiris? I'm not planning ot push arcane higher without late game/ng+ grinding

Also reccomended point in the game to start toying with the chalice dungeons?

penniwise

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 582.00
For the chalice part.. as soon as possible. As soon as you can get in them, do it. After awhile it's boring but there are areas that are much better for farming echoes later in them. They also have the best gems, which is pretty much the reason to go in there in the first place.

I use bolt\fire paper. Others here can give you the details on all that stuff but since you can basically beat anything in the game with anything I kept everything simple in terms of weapons. I found a couple weapons I thought were cool so I ran through a whole game with them, putting points in the stats to make them stronger, adding paper if necessary (and if possible) . Then I ran through it again
(waste of skin) with different weapons, repeat.

Since you can't respec, I just started new games for each unless the weapons I wanted to run with shared the same attribute scales.

It really doesn't take too long to run through it and the dlc once you know your way around and have the timing down. Plus I like to help random folks so I never wanted to get my level too high.

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah the only reason I was thinking Tonitirus, was it doesn't REQUIRE arcane, scales off str/skill and I don't have a blunt weapon I'm happy with.

But yeah trust me this whole build is running up to the Burial Blade I WANT to mess with that thing so badly... though the Boom Hammer in the dlc looks fun, just know i'm not ready for that yet, as I tried and the hunters two shot me at the moment,

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,711.50
15 Arcane is a good call. Old Hunter Bone works very well with the quickstep attacks on the Blades of Mercy, due to the high multiplier on that attack.
Sadly, the multiplier is not quite as impressive on the Burial Blade - but it is still better than many others.

Burial Blade foremost is a Skill weapon

Would suggest for now, in your preferred order

25 Skill (1st softcap)
30 Vitality (1st softcap) (honestly this is the first thing you should do in any playthrough, following prereqs)
25 Strength (1st softcap)

With the plan of primarily using Burial Blade, end with improving stats to

25 Strength (1st softcap)
50 Skill (2nd softcap)
50 Vitality (2nd softcap)
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah I'm one of those people who doesn't have a level cap nor minds grinding, (I mean ds3 I managed to find co-op with a level 200 character)

So I was planning to push up to 50 str/50 skill just for ludwigs and burial blade.

And thanks for the advice on the chalice dungeons I just have been holding off cause my health/stamina have been lacking but probably when I get both to 30 I'll start looking, I admit from my research the uncanny burial blade would be best for a physical build... so that means grinding through the Loran Chalices... which means dealing iwht Nightmare Frontier and Amigdala

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Kay quick question is night phase too late to send the pregnant woman to the church to get her events where you get a third of cord from her child? I want the moon presence fight so I can get burial in Ng and upgrade it for old hunters