Anything related to Dark Souls!

Waxmoth

Souls: 855.00
Wiki Edits: 158
I am an avid darkmoon player and for some reason in remastered I been getting significantly lower summons for my level 80 character with blue eye orb then my level 50 with red eye, more then should be the case given the differing formulas for these two items (Weapon level is the same for each character.

Upon investigation, I came across a page allegedly from the Dark Souls Remaster strategy guide (attached) claiming that red eye orb and blue eye orb now have identical formulas for calculating invasion range. However, the guides have been wrong on comparable issues in the past, and it could be that I have just been unlucky. More testing is needed.

https://m.imgur.com/MBKplRy
I do not have the expertise or resources to test this more throughly myself, and would like someone (several someones ideally) to carry out more through testing so we can determine if this change occurred and get the word out if it did.

Currently the advice for darkmoon invasions and builds is to get your character to a high level so they can invade more under the blue eye orb invasion formula, and people doing so may be crippling their builds ability to invade as a darkmoon in many areas and if the case the fact that there was no mention of this change is massive.

However, we do not want to spread misinformation as has happened with previous issues. Further high quality testing is needed before changes to the wiki and broader attempts to inform the public can be made, ideally as soon as possible

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,394.01
Well, i can say that your source is wrong.

Weapon matchmaking isnt +/-4 but +/-5 at lower upgrade and +/-6 at higher upgrade. Red eye orb sl matchmaking only goes up, not down.

I dont know everything yet, tried blue orb invading, but there are too few sinners low sl where i am (sl1-3), have to wait half hour for an invasion. My conclusion is that there arent much other low sl darkwraiths yet like me.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,642.50
Achtpuntzes wrote:Well, i can say that your source is wrong.

Weapon matchmaking isnt +/-4 but +/-5 at lower upgrade and +/-6 at higher upgrade. Red eye orb sl matchmaking only goes up, not down.

I dont know everything yet, tried blue orb invading, but there are too few sinners low sl where i am (sl1-3), have to wait half hour for an invasion. My conclusion is that there arent much other low sl darkwraiths yet like me.

The cause is that burg hosts do not have access to indictments yet to indict other low sl darkwraiths.

There is little reason to build a Weapon Level blueberry at +5 weapon level, and instead should aim for a +11 weapon level (or even +15) of proper SL to invade post-Parish sinners.

You can
1. Assume invaders will have been indicted post-Parish and
2. Assume post-Parish invaders plan their build with a +11 weapon to invade down to +5.

Therefore you can consider a +15 weapon to have a greater advantage against such individuals.

THAT SAID, it's still unlikely that these sinners are going to have an undefeated boss to make them an eligible target, other than Dark Anor Londo.

DS2 had the best deal for blues. Best of luck if you actually have any success in DS1...
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft