Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

Yuria

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 220.00
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Bethesda confirm Fallout 76 to be an online multiplayer survival game, release date and more here!

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,721.00
Wiki Edits: 15
Online survival? Really? Does this mean that you constantly deal with griefing from other human players? What a way to take a steaming dump on such a beloved franchise. I mean, I'll hold out for more clarification on how this works, but no way am I dropping money on something that ends up being like one big Dark Zone from the Division (even if they do say you don't lose progression). The annoyance factor alone will turn me off.

At least they announced a new ES game, in case this one goes into the crapper.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 365,842.49
Bank: 8,527.71
Wiki Edits: 30272
There’s single player as well do you don’t need to worry much
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,445.50
What is the single player like, though? Is it similar to Fallout 3, New Vegas or 4, or is it "play solo online"?

And about Elder Scrolls 6, all I saw was a teaser trailer that didn't do anything but say "hey, this is being made", so I can't get excited about it yet.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 477.00
Bank: 5,914.00
Wiki Edits: 5
play solo online. pretty sure the next elder scrolls is in high rock.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

What I worry about is that a "solo" F76 will be just me wandering around in a world with just a bunch of enemies, but no real purpose. They said there are no NPCs, only human players (which seems odd, unless I misunderstood), so like Lich said is it going to be a story based solo component?

Anyway, this game definitely feels like a wild card and I'm curious to see more.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,410.00
Wiki Edits: 6
So the answer to the question of which former maker of terrific single player RPGs will be first to market with an awful online only RPG is Bethesda, beating Bioware by a few months. Plus, to rub salt in Bioware's wounds, they announced 2 new games that, while they're both years from release, are likely to be decent single player games, something I don't think the remaining husk of Bioware is capable of anymore.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

I think Bethesda is using Fallout 76 for a test run, first to see what kind of reaction the game gets, and to see how much they can use their ancient Gamebryo engine and push it to it's limit.

I expect Starbound to be on a totally new engine (or rebuilt engine, similar to Skyrim) and Starbound will be a test for ES6.

If Fallout 76 does well, or is well received, I expect Bethesda to push more crap out and call it "Elder Scrolls".

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Ok, didn't want to add this to my previous post.

As more info about this game comes out, I find my initial disappointment a little too strong. I'm still not happy it's not a classic RPG Fallout, but I think it does have some potential.

After watching the NoClip documentary, I might see how this game is received. Problem for me though, is a lack of solo play. Maybe they'll have a decent drop in and out system.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I want to love this game...I really do. I've been expecting an online Fallout, especially with the success of ESO. My biggest red flag is still the framework of PvP and the lack of griefer control. They're being vague on the game systems in a way that reminds me of Bungie with Destiny, and that makes me nervous.

IMO, the simplest solution to their problem would be twofold: 1) adopt Borderlands 2 system of consensual duels, and 2) keep "open conflict" PvP isolated in specific places, like these irradiated zones (like The Division).

One other thing I'm looking for is some kind of system for organic matchmaking, like the Sousborne series does.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"