Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 452,738.49
Bank: 11,840.71
Wiki Edits: 41546
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Sekiro Shadows Die is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, and we have some new screenshots and information on the upcoming FromSoftware game.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Gameplay impressions on Tuesday guys - hang in there!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,321.50
Wiki Edits: 42
are you serious? they have a playable demo there? Awesome!

please let us know the most important thing: can you ravioli step and or action cancel?
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Fexelea wrote:Lmao the important things!

wut? ^_^

No more seriously:

1-what will the degree of liberty in vertical exploration: will the hook be able to take you only to prompted places or anywhere you wanna try?
2-Do you have to select a limited number of abilities to equip at any given time on your prosthetic arm or can you have many or if not, can you switch on the fly or are you tied to choices for your upgrades etc?
3-Jump during combat? I have seen the protagonist do a jump during the mounted boss fight in addition to the grappling hook...so will there be some jumps involved in the combat? With like drop down attacks and aerialist combos?

On a broader aspect, I am really curious about:

is this gonna be only this one character or can you create your own? Which also pertains to...
multiplayer? Coop ? Pvp? Peer to peer or server based?
magic? Not naruto style?
will this game feature proper chalice dungeons?

But I am happy that From takes a bold position on this game: they are emancipating, sending a strong message that they can find founding anywhere they want to do the games they wanna do and this is good.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Translations from Japanese screenshots added to the article, enjoy :)

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,595.00
Trailer was awesome and so much content means the game can’t be more than a year away, right?

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

ElvesRule wrote:Trailer was awesome and so much content means the game can’t be more than a year away, right?

I would not wait for it before March 2019
my YouTube channel

A hoonter must hoont!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,665.50
Yeah they usually release they games in March, at least the new titles.

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,410.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Mentions "stealth elements." I caught a bit of that when I watched the trailer a second time, with the character crawling along a wall.

I'd like to know how significant a role stealth plays in this game. It may not be Tenchu, but if it has Tenchu-like elements with some substantial implementation along with the grappling, sword-fighting and whatever gadgets you can do with your prosthetic arm would be nice to know about.

If it's single-player I don't mind honestly. When Demon's Souls came out the way multiplayer was implemented in the game was quite novel and added an interesting dimension to a game with already a number of interesting elements. The multiplayer stuff was there, but not such an insane focus of the game like it's been increasingly with every consecutive Souls title. The PvE and PvP work very differently and we see that with the broken backstab fish-fest that is Dark Souls 1 (seeing all the videos of the things they didn't bother to fix, along with new problems, for the Remaster makes it look like a total meme show). Then you have Dark Souls 3 which has probably the most "balanced" PvP of the bunch, but it's overbalanced to a degree where so many weapons are just uninteresting to use due to so many nerfs over its months in the sun. And they still can't get the servers right. It's sucked to one degree or another in every game (Dark Souls Remastered in its current state is inexcusable).

Bloodborne had probably the least focus put into PvP, which is probably why it's the single-player favorite of many (including myself). If the resources for your project is focused in a more singular direction, it usually leads to the best results for anyone looking for a certain experience. I played all the Soulsborne titles as single-player games and occasionally dabbled in PvP. So I'm glad if it's single player-focused/only, that means potentially a more fully realized video game than an odd mix-'n'-match that works only most of the time on whichever end, which usually is quite good single-player games and extremely brief PvP matches with lag and one/two-shot kills. How engaging.
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon