Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 6,155.00
Wiki Edits: 45704
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire Build Guide for the Sage class, which is a combination of Monk and Wizard. Tips on Stats, Weapons and Abilities.

Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Beardof

Souls: 55.00
Hey, great build! I just started my first playthrough with this. I think one way to gain additional monk skills is to invest in Llegrath's Martial Masteries grimoire (can be bought at Dark Cupboard) which offers all the Wizard skills needed for this build.
Hi great build! I wanted to point out that you can buy the Llengrath's Martial Masteries grimoire in The Dark Cupboard shop (Periki's Overlook, Neketaka). It will have 6 of the spells that you consider necessary for this build (Spirit Shield, Infuse with Vital Essence, Llengrath's Displaced Image, Ironskin, Citzal's Spirit Lance, and Arcane Reflection). I would suggest that you could not select these spells at level up and use the points elsewhere.

Regards,

-Toadbat

toadbat

Hi great build! I wanted to point out that you can buy the Llengrath's Martial Masteries grimoire in The Dark Cupboard shop (Periki's Overlook, Neketaka). It will have 6 of the spells that you consider necessary for this build (Spirit Shield, Infuse with Vital Essence, Llengrath's Displaced Image, Ironskin, Citzal's Spirit Lance, and Arcane Reflection). I would suggest that you could not select these spells at level up and use the points elsewhere. :cheers:

Hah, darnit, I should read the other posts first :headsmack

Regards,

-Toadbat
I would actually go the other way, and learn all of the critical spells, that way I can change out Books as needed for special situations, rather than lose my critical spells when switching stuff around.
Hi is this build still viable with the spirit weapon nerf? Looks decent to fill the offtank slot in my party.. Would enchanter wizard subclass work for this build? And is shattered pillar monk still best subclass for monk? Thanks

Stonebridge809

Hi is this build still viable with the spirit weapon nerf? Also would this work with enchanter wizard subclass?

Also wondering if shattered pillar monk is still the best sub rather then helwalker?

Thanks