Anything related to Dark Souls!
 6
Reply  
Avatar

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Canada
Souls: 22,721.00
Posts: 4084
Reputation: 107
Wiki Edits: 15
#51
Depending on how many souls I'm carrying, sometimes I just suicide out after getting the gear. Why? Because screw From is why! Side note: playing as a cleric and using force up there is a great way of keeping the skeeters at bay (temporarily).

I also realized that all my previous trepidation about the blowdart gauntlet was misplaced. It occurred to me that none of them can make you MORE toxic once you're already there, so it only takes 30 seconds to walk around killing them while you just heal up a couple of times and take the bloom after you're done. Sometimes, naked aggression is your friend!
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"
VIP
Avatar

skarekrow13

Moderator
Moderator

(Many Other Functions)

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm
Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 16986
Reputation: 595
Wiki Edits: 460
#52
In Sen's right now and it occurs to me there's a sitcom waiting to happen. Tarkus lives right above Ricard with their cynical neighbor in the steel armor ready to rain on their parade. Meanwhile, the iron golem is always throwing noisy parties
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:16 am
Souls: 9,453.00
Posts: 1288
Reputation: 70
Wiki Edits: 1
#53
skarekrow13 wrote:In Sen's right now and it occurs to me there's a sitcom waiting to happen. Tarkus lives right above Ricard with their cynical neighbor in the steel armor ready to rain on their parade. Meanwhile, the iron golem is always throwing noisy parties


Don't forget about the Golem's windy flatulence and the fact that they live near an airport...and every time you walk out your door you might get hit by a rock. But hey, at least you have a convenient corner store for herbal remedies and snakes to keep the rodents away.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.
Avatar

Sidney_Losstarot

Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Italy
Souls: 19,976.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 2166
Reputation: 51
Wiki Edits: 2141
#54
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:
Speaking of Blighttown deaths, has anyone else ever noticed that the tree branch/root leading to the Sealer Set has some sort of odd glitch (for lack of a better word) where when you try to walk back the way you came, your feet always hitch up on something invisible and often cause you to slide off? I've died there more in BT than any other spot, mostly because I always do this. It drives me nuts.


skarekrow13 wrote:Lol!

My daughter was watching me do that part last night and I said when crossing that branch the first time, "I wonder if they fixed the spot where you get hung up." My daughter asked what I meant and I told her "There's this part on the branch where your feet get hung up on something and it's hard to cross safely over it because you need to put more pressure on the stick and basically run and you tend to get thrown off."

Guess what happened to me?


Lol :00011:
Just for THIS time....i didn't slip on that damn branch...and i got there really soon, such as at SL 7 just to get a decent armor (Crimson Set) and the Falchion for my Dex/Faith
All the other times i tried to walk on that branch my feet seemed awry and in one second i was falling in the swamp below.....
Avatar

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:16 am
Souls: 9,453.00
Posts: 1288
Reputation: 70
Wiki Edits: 1
#55
Sidney_Losstarot wrote:
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:
Speaking of Blighttown deaths, has anyone else ever noticed that the tree branch/root leading to the Sealer Set has some sort of odd glitch (for lack of a better word) where when you try to walk back the way you came, your feet always hitch up on something invisible and often cause you to slide off? I've died there more in BT than any other spot, mostly because I always do this. It drives me nuts.


skarekrow13 wrote:Lol!

My daughter was watching me do that part last night and I said when crossing that branch the first time, "I wonder if they fixed the spot where you get hung up." My daughter asked what I meant and I told her "There's this part on the branch where your feet get hung up on something and it's hard to cross safely over it because you need to put more pressure on the stick and basically run and you tend to get thrown off."


Guess what happened to me?


Lol :00011:
Just for THIS time....i didn't slip on that damn branch...and i got there really soon, such as at SL 7 just to get a decent armor (Crimson Set) and the Falchion for my Dex/Faith
All the other times i tried to walk on that branch my feet seemed awry and in one second i was falling in the swamp below.....



And that stupid AF spot in great hollow by 2 lizards? Where you cant get up to landing because of a hump in the root. Can't roll it, can't jump it, can't backstep it, can't run it. Only way I've ever done it was by chance after taking off all gear and equip, then just running while moving stick in every direction back and forth, which is dangerous cause you might accidently run right off the branch to hang with gravity. So dumb!
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.
Avatar

Sidney_Losstarot

Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Italy
Souls: 19,976.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 2166
Reputation: 51
Wiki Edits: 2141
#56
Well the Great Hollow is one of the worst place to visit...i know that, back at the time when DS was released in 2011, many people tried to reach the bottom of the Great Hollow and got to the Lake of Ash...well....once reached the Lake of Ash many people haven't been able to go back to the surface due to some glitch in the Great Hollow which didn't allow to make a step from a branch to a platform....and those people have been obliged to start the game over....
VIP
Avatar

skarekrow13

Moderator
Moderator

(Many Other Functions)

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm
Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 16986
Reputation: 595
Wiki Edits: 460
#57
Grehym_Blak wrote:
skarekrow13 wrote:In Sen's right now and it occurs to me there's a sitcom waiting to happen. Tarkus lives right above Ricard with their cynical neighbor in the steel armor ready to rain on their parade. Meanwhile, the iron golem is always throwing noisy parties


Don't forget about the Golem's windy flatulence and the fact that they live near an airport...and every time you walk out your door you might get hit by a rock. But hey, at least you have a convenient corner store for herbal remedies and snakes to keep the rodents away.


This totally came to me because I like to see how much damage Tarkus can do (good candidate for most OP NPC summon ever). Now, I've done all this before, but since it's not new I'm daydreaming a bit.

Anyway, I take Tarkus down past the Berenike Knight who he kills effortlessly and on the way to Ricard. I've known for quite some time the room Tarkus is summoned from is right above where Ricard is camping (dudes are literally in the same apartment complex). What I like to do is crowd Ricard with my shield up because Tarkus can hit through me.

I swear to God Ricard knew what I was up to because he starts shooting at Tarkus. A couple seconds later the Iron Knight slams Ricard into oblivion and I'm thinking to myself "These guys really seem to hate each other" and the daydream spirals into sitcom territory. Like Ricard is pissed off that Tarkus' crazy heavy armor is too loud in the upstairs apartment and opens fire the second he sees him. Tarkus accuses him of looking through his mail and slams a greatsword into his face. Typical Seinfeld/Kramer like relationship.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 am
Location: Iran
Souls: 508.00
Bank: 8,902.00
Posts: 868
Reputation: 43
Wiki Edits: 703
#58
Strange. Even though I only played Dark Souls for once, I remember a lot of things.
What, still here?

Bonaduce80

Addicted
First Warden

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:07 am
Souls: 731.00
Posts: 113
Reputation: 2
#59
ElCazador wrote:Strange. Even though I only played Dark Souls for once, I remember a lot of things.


Many people will play these games once, but they will repeat segments tens of times until they get them right. As much as I hated it the first time I played it, I can remember every twist and turn of Tower of Latria 3-1 (different game, but you get the idea).
 6