Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

Yuria

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 255.00
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Resident Evil 7 come to Nintendo Switch but not in the way you would think a usual port would go. Instead of being made available the usual ways on the eShop or physical copy, it will be playable via cloud.

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,560.00
Wiki Edits: 6
So basically it's like PS Now?

Yuria

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 255.00
I guess it's going that way but looks like they're focusing on newer released titles. Maybe they'll have a bundle subscription service like PS Now in future, but it seems their testing it with Japan first. With the Nintendo Switch you'll get to play on the go if you find a good spot with decent wifi.

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,560.00
Wiki Edits: 6
smb wrote:I guess it's going that way but looks like they're focusing on newer released titles. Maybe they'll have a bundle subscription service like PS Now in future, but it seems their testing it with Japan first. With the Nintendo Switch you'll get to play on the go if you find a good spot with decent wifi.

At the moment you can play PS Now on a laptop, but there's no cell phone app, and I think they dropped support for PS3 and Vita as the hardware requirements increased. Still, there's nothing fundamentally stopping them from doing an app on a phone (Steam is doing that, at least over wifi with your own PC) with sufficiently modern video support, though they would obviously do best if they sold detachable controls or used 3rd party ones.