Anything related to Dark Souls!
 3 
Reply  
Avatar

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm
Souls: 119.00
Bank: 5,627.00
Posts: 1187
Reputation: 30
Wiki Edits: 5
#21
Watch on youtube.com

and people thought scholar was bad. i already own dark souls, not sure why i would pay 40 bucks for nothing.
could always run the king AI and watch people die i guess.
Avatar

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Canada
Souls: 22,364.00
Posts: 4029
Reputation: 107
Wiki Edits: 13
#22
For the record, that Witch is one of the dumpiest, homeliest characters I've ever seen. Seeing the Sunlight Warrior's eyes move back and forth behind the mask was a nice addition.

@qeter Your video doesn't show up for me at all. Just a grey screen. Not sure if it's something on my end or not.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"
Avatar

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:00 pm
Location: UTC+10
Souls: 22,966.50
Posts: 3471
Reputation: 213
Wiki Edits: 21
#23
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:@qeter Your video doesn't show up for me at all. Just a grey screen. Not sure if it's something on my end or not.

try this
https://youtu.be/pQ6NBGZn7W0
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!
Avatar

IgnusKnavery

Caffeinated
Guardian

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 pm
Souls: 5,378.00
Posts: 959
Reputation: 63
#24
Green__Eagle wrote:No other thoughts yet? I think it is unbearably sluggish. I've been playing Dark Souls for the past week and even with my character naked, he moves slow. The game really slowed down when the first Gargoyle died. The sparkle effect took too long to disappear so I could see the other boss.


I watched some of the network testing from Fextralife via Youtube. Then I watched a Twitch stream of Dark Souls 3. Holy CRAP! I didn't realize it was that drastic of a difference. It's like night and day. I didn't play the network test, but what you're saying is very worrisome. The thing is, they probably won't fix it. They're known for just releasing something and leaving it as is...
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
Avatar

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Canada
Souls: 22,364.00
Posts: 4029
Reputation: 107
Wiki Edits: 13
#25
announakis wrote:
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:@qeter Your video doesn't show up for me at all. Just a grey screen. Not sure if it's something on my end or not.

try this
https://youtu.be/pQ6NBGZn7W0


Sweet baby Jeebus, that was painful. Seals it for me.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"
Avatar

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:39 pm
Souls: 5,977.50
Posts: 1034
Reputation: 43
#26
This is an example why PS4 isn’t reverse compatible with PS3 games. HUGE cash grabs exploiting gamers fond memories of their old games.
It’s kind of disgusting.

I’m very close to being finished with this industry. There is more focus on remasters and micro transactions than on exploring new ground.

And I’d rather hurry and exit before I see Froms next game come out, complete with no climbing or jumping over barriers that I could step over in RL.
Same old mechanics, new skin.

Besides, I have several years still before a proper TES games will come out. And this industry is getting worse every year.
Avatar

Green__Eagle

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA
Souls: 3,149.00
Posts: 1240
Reputation: 31
#27
I miss the network test. I wonder if this area will be the next PvP hot spot upon release. Drawback is you have to ring the bell to advance.

All that being said, I'm afraid to see if I can sneak on to the network servers because that's a good way to lose a day.

What do you think about the Sunlight Altar being the test area? What other area would you rather test in?
My YouTube channel.
Follow Me @Green3Eagle, the Twitter thingy.

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Souls: 2,215.00
Posts: 264
Reputation: 12
#28
I've seen some videos and read a bit and it is not interesting to me.
I think they should've done a DS3:ish game in the DS1 world, that would've been interesing to me. Keep weapons as they were, just have the omni-directional rolling, faster pace, harder backstabs, riposts and all that stuff they progressed to over the years. That stuff is good stuff!
Yes, it is true; they would have to rework bauses and enemies, and that's what we pay them to do. No work: no pay.
To me the pvp looks way worse than DS3, and the pve as well. The world is cool! But the mechanics are aged and it won't work for me.
In my eyes this is a missed opportunity. I was excited but as release draw closer I feel that I will likely be spending my money and time elsewhere.
VIP
Avatar

skarekrow13

Moderator
Moderator

(Many Other Functions)

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm
Souls: 2,136.54
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 16922
Reputation: 586
Wiki Edits: 459
#29
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:This is an example why PS4 isn’t reverse compatible with PS3 games. HUGE cash grabs exploiting gamers fond memories of their old games.
It’s kind of disgusting.

I’m very close to being finished with this industry. There is more focus on remasters and micro transactions than on exploring new ground.

And I’d rather hurry and exit before I see Froms next game come out, complete with no climbing or jumping over barriers that I could step over in RL.
Same old mechanics, new skin.

Besides, I have several years still before a proper TES games will come out. And this industry is getting worse every year.


A lot of this is why I'm a big fan of independent games and smaller studios. Some of the most amazing gaming experiences I've had in the last decade were had at insane pricepoints because the smaller devs take a lot of cool chances.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:39 pm
Souls: 5,977.50
Posts: 1034
Reputation: 43
#30
skarekrow13 wrote:
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:This is an example why PS4 isn’t reverse compatible with PS3 games. HUGE cash grabs exploiting gamers fond memories of their old games.
It’s kind of disgusting.

I’m very close to being finished with this industry. There is more focus on remasters and micro transactions than on exploring new ground.

And I’d rather hurry and exit before I see Froms next game come out, complete with no climbing or jumping over barriers that I could step over in RL.
Same old mechanics, new skin.

Besides, I have several years still before a proper TES games will come out. And this industry is getting worse every year.


A lot of this is why I'm a big fan of independent games and smaller studios. Some of the most amazing gaming experiences I've had in the last decade were had at insane pricepoints because the smaller devs take a lot of cool chances.



Let’s see. Starting with -

Dust - An Elysian Tale
Banner Saga
Endless Dungeon
Shadowrun
Salt and Sanctuary
Darkest Dungeon
Don’t Starve
Defenders Quest
Organ Trail
Starbound
Grim Dawn
.. and a slew of others that I can’t think of right now. Most of those cost from 15$-20$ and I actually go back to a lot of them for another go fairly often. And ENJOY it!

Compared to all the AAA titles that I’ve bought in the last few years that barely keep me interested for a month, yet cost me 50-60$ and throw DLC and micros at me (which yes, it’s my choice, but the practice is worth mentioning)
Granted there are a few gems in there. Soulsborne, Mordheim, X-Com 2, Nioh, MHW.

One of the reason I will probably keep my PS4 is because I do really love and appreciate what some of these small dev teams pull off. Unfortunately it does led me to have higher expectations for some indie games that turn out being pretty poor. But thats the gamble.


In the end, I’m just ranting because I know good and well I’ll pick up DSR. Selling my PS4 would be the only way to avoid it...
 3