Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,160.00
Wiki Edits: 114
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

In this article, I will be taking a look at Grim Dawn, the versatile ARPG which was developed by Crate Entertainment. Is it worth your time? Read on to find out from my detailed analysis.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,821.50
Wiki Edits: 295
Good game! Great game! Seriously, Grim Dawn blows Diablo out of the water for me.

One thing I want to add, is that storage space isn't a problem for me. I sell everything that isn't a crafting component, a legendary, a set-piece epic, or an epic that is "Perfect!" for one of my characters. Doing that leaves me with plenty of quality loot and room to pick up more. Even if I regret selling something, I can usually just wait a little while to get it back; like the article says, the drop rates are good.

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Hello Fallenangel700, I'm glad you see what gem this game truly is.

Indeed the drop rates are great, big thanks to the game not having monetization scheme that throttle the drops/levels/fluidity of the game.
Myself I'm very reluctant to selling any item that have potential for my next characters, and I really don't know what's my next character until I'm done with this one. So I like having all my options available for my whims, and that makes me in need for much more storage space.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,568.50
I did early access on Steam and played up until before the update that put in the final zone.
The cross-feature is a major selling point for me.
I also really like how the map is done. Instead of taking you all over the world, you really get to dive into the local happenings and see the widespread effect of things.
It really helped make it feel like a fantasy novel in my opinion.

I redownloaded Steam again recently on a not-so-good laptop and eventually plan on finishing it.
I’m really glad to see this game getting the love it deserves. It nailed many things that I care about in this style of game.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 10.00
Bank: 13,564.50
Wiki Edits: 3
After getting into PC gaming, PC ARPGs were something I tried out, first being Torchlight 2 Demo. Loved it so much I ended up buying a collector's edition.

After that I came upon an ARPG Titan's Quest by THQ and Ironlore. Really enjoyed it. Found out Ironlore disbanded, but some employees formed their own company, CrateEntertainment with Grim Dawn being their first title. though I can't play it currently due to hardware limitations, from what I was able to play, and what I know, it's a faithful and quality spiritual successor to Titan's Quest.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

@qeter
Inorite?
grimtools is a very detailed tool that one only sees in the most dedicated MMORPGs communities. It shows how characters can be so deeply customized, and how the community is so devote. Love it all.

@EldritchImagination
Torchlight 2 was a kickass, but I didn't like the itemization and drops rates, didn't get to play beyond my first character after 'finishing' the game. Same as Torchlight 1.

Glad that these two came before Grim Dawn, so I could play and enjoy. Because Grim Dawn raised my expectations and standards for an Isometric ARPG. It kept the same concept as Titan Quest indeed, and imporved every aspect at same time.

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

It's worth mentioning this game is on a huge sale now on Steam (75%) , and expansion on (25%)

sllevy

Souls: 60.00
Excellent post. It's been very helpful.
I've noticed during my first 2 hours of gamming that the storage capacity was going to be an issue if I intended to create more chars, so I created two more and I'm leveling all three at the same time.
Still, I'm been forced to sale a lot of itens and, sometimes, don't even bother to collect them (it's very annoying to open a portal and go to town every 10 minutes or so to empty my bags).
I'm new on Grim Down, so could you point out where exactly can I get that third party program for storage?

Thank you.

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

I personally use "GD Stash" never needed to look any further. You can Google it, or look for it at Nexus or Moddb.