Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

will this work with bow dragon piercer?
seconding this, otherwise i think it's probably useless for how bow plays now with triple shot > charging
Does this work with charge blade charge attack when holding circle?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,166.50
Wiki Edits: 277
I think so.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno
I also think it makes it take less hits to fill your phials
Does this work with the Heavy bowgun's 'Wyvernheart' ability?
I wish to know ^This^ too. If The "Focus Skill" aids with regening the gattling gun special shot ammo of the HBG?
I can test. I just finished testing Lightbow gun, it does infact reduce charge time for a wyrmblast to respawn. Lvl 1 will save 3 seconds, off of a 60 second recharge
It takes Wyrmheart HBG 250 seconds to recharge fully (4m 10s). Using lvl 1 focus, which is 5% cdr, it should in theory reduce wymheart recharge by 12.5 seconds making it 237.5 recharge or 3m 57.5 sconds.

~
After test I have concluded that Focus does indeed work with HBG Wyrmheart. I have consistently landed on 3 mins 57 seconds recharge with lvl 1 Focus.
It takes 60 second for a single charge of wyrmblast to recharge. This is also the same amount of time it takes for a charge of wyrmblast to expire once placed if not used. Also Focus armour skill affects wyrmblast. Using Focus lvl 1, 5% coolddown on weapons with guage or charge, it reduces the recharge time for wyrmblast charges to 57 seconds. I have been able to replicate this several times. Also basic math 5% of 60 is 3, so saves 3 seconds.
It takes Wyrmheart HBG 250 seconds to recharge fully (4m 10s). Using lvl 1 focus, which is 5% cdr, it should in theory reduce wymheart recharge by 12.5 seconds making it 237.5 recharge or 3m 57.5 sconds. ~ After test I have concluded that Focus does indeed work with HBG Wyrmheart. I have consistently landed on 3 mins 57 seconds recharge with lvl 1 Focus.
No it does not
Does this work with Gunlance's Wyvern Fire?
sadly not, but it works for charged shots.
Wanna put this out there if it's unknown, this does affect the Heavy Bowgun's Special Ammo 'reloading' time. Can reduce Wyvernsnipe's cooldown from 80 seconds to 64 with Focus 3. Unsure about the Light Bowgun's mines but I'd assume it works for them as well.
This does make me think; would it work on both the switch axe's auto filling meter for sword mode and the vial awakening meter?
no, it hardly effects the switchaxe at all decreses charge by 1 hit... the amp mode triggers after the double swing combo +1 more swing anyway. and the meter fills so absurdly fast, especially if you abuse the 'reload' move

Drakion901

Souls: 50.00
This does not affect dragon Piercer
but it does affect the charging from your normal shot which will increase the dmg of the dragon piercer
When you draw you can directly evade to get your second charge. There is no point in wasting a slot for nothing. I was hoping the actual shot itself would be faster but apparently that is not the case. Unlucky...