Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

Quick maths- if you have 100% uptime of Attack Up L, you basically have to deal 40% as much damage as you would normally do. Which means that there's actually no reason not to have a horn user in each party. If we assume that attack up XL adds 30%, then you basically don't have to do anything. Just stad there, buff and land 1 in 10 hits and you'll still be mvp.
Please don't use Hunting Horn online if you actually believe this...'quick maths' should easily tell you that if you give everyone a 20% damage boost and then barely do any yourself (effectively removing 25-50% of the team's potential damage) you'd be a wasted spot and the team would be better off with a 4th normal damage dealer. A HH player is only a mathematical increase if they're contributing personal damage on top of buffs. Can't really be the 'MVP' if you're just using it to be lazy.

Tropicar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Accidently upvoted. I agree completely with @Anon 27 Dec 2018.
Most powerfull doot
every time when i pick up this weapon i imagine i pick up a huge weed pipe xD

Talasber

In the list of Hunting Horn Melodies there are 2 Divine Protection melodies in the list of Hunting Horn Melodies. When I searched in the Hunting Horn Weapon Tree, I found only one Divine Protection melody in the the Hunting Horn Teostra's Orphée. What Hunting Horn also have the Divine Proctection melody or is only one Divine Protection melody ?
the kirin one i believe.

Tropicar

Casual
Convict

If you want to use hunting horn, the best ones are Desolation's Overtune, Teostra's Orphée, Deep Vero. Deep Vero being the best one. Surprisingly enough, you can actually do damage while buffing. Corner horners are bad HH users.