Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I dont think there is any reason to pick this over (warfare)Whirlwind, the warfare skill can also backstab but does not cost source and another bonus of one less AP.
The Whirlwind skill also scale with the weapon used, so if you go double daggers it will scale with finesse

Maybe they will fix this skill in the future and add bonus dmg or perhaps bleed/poison else i would just not pick this up.
Waste of memory slots waste of source waste of AP...
But this is ranged skill. If you are on highground it would cover whole battlefield. Whirlwind has pretty low range.
This also scales with your weapon, thats what the "100% damage" means
hanag also sells this
Liking this skill on my solo rogue playthrough. Larger range than whirlwind (especially since daggers have low range). Gets high ground dmg bonus and range increase. Nothing better to spend source points on.
Added this skill to my 4 man Tactician playthrough. Very useful if you sneak a rogue in behind the enemy ESPECIALLY on high ground (where enemy archers/mages like to wait) because of high ground bonus. Tanks/Summons takes aggro and get enemies facing away from rogue, near end of round rogue opens with the newly buffed (it is so good!) Corrupted Blade, and then use Fan of Knives to backstab ALL enemies in range with high ground bonus. You can leave many enemies open to mass physical crowd control like Blood Rain + Grasp of the Starved if they dont die to it (Savage Sortilege talent).
Without a doubt the best Rogue Finisher in the game. You can get all 5 blades to hit a single target if you're close enough to them. Id pick this over Mortal Blow any day.