Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 6,715.00
Wiki Edits: 45812
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

In the modern age of gaming, where we as consumers are constantly flooded with title after title, it's hard to know when something truly special has come along. When games like Destiny 2 and Mass Effect dominate social media, have massive budgets, and seemingly endless marketing, it's hard to get the word out about games like Salt and Sanctuary, Kingdom Come: Deliverance and of course Divinity: Original Sin 2. If you haven't heard of this turn-based RPG from Larian Studios (or it's precursor Divinity: Original Sin) by now chances are that you're not going to, and that's a shame. What ...
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 2,181.00
I do not have the game, but have been watching it on streams, so this opinion is not based on anything but a viewer's perspective. While I find the title more entertaining than many of the action games seen currently, I still find this one rather average. The beginning hours of the game plays out much like a NWN1 mod I have seen, so this was not new to me. The VA is top rate from what I could hear, but it still remains a bit of the clunky mechanics seen in the start of the century. It has more lore than many other Action and current RPG's out there, so a Player could make a worse choice for a purchase, but it remains about average for me.
Last edited by Elhanan on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
Are you sure you saw streams of the right game ? There's nothing "action" about this rpg it's turn based ! Youcan actually roleplay here and come back to the game's 100h campaign numerous times without experiencing the same story. If you're glad to pay 60$ for a quickly forgotten 10h game that's your choice. I'm better paying 45 for hundreds hours of gameplay i'll come back to for many years.

Lorx_92

Souls: 55.00
@elhanan.
On the Surface your argument seems valid, since both Games have a very similar Tone, both are Fantasy, both borrow heavily on PnP (NWN is in fact a DnD based Game) and booth are kind of turn-based. But, as stated above, DOS2 is much morre innovative in terms of game system and player freedom.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,449.50
I’ve owned the 1st one on PC and PS4 since they became available on either system (or close enough).
Never could get beyond the cheesy VA and overly bulky male character models.

Got the 2nd one on PS4 and still hated the VA. The PS4 controls also seemed too awkward to bother with. Never made it out of the intro.

I mean, fantasy, turn based, squad games are kinda my thing, so this has always frustrated me. I’ve wanted to like the games badly.

I think my only chance will be to make 2 female characters and retry the 1st game one day (PC controls). Male VA tends to irk me pretty bad in about 80% of the games that have it. I realize that this is a personal thing.

Maybe if that ever happens, and I actually finish it, I will one day just get the 2nd one on PC. Mouse and keyboard works much better in these type of games imo.

I own Pillars of Eternity on both PC and PS4 and the PS4 controls can be a bit wonky, whereas PC is typically smoother and more reliable.

Also, finally picked up Pillars2, so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Maybe one day I’ll see get beyond the VA and give DOS the chance it more than likely deserves. I never mind eating my own foot if it ends with me enjoying something.

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 2,181.00
Anonymous wrote:Are you sure you saw streams of the right game ? There's nothing "action" about this rpg it's turn based ! Youcan actually roleplay here and come back to the game's 100h campaign numerous times without experiencing the same story. If you're glad to pay 60$ for a quickly forgotten 10h game that's your choice. I'm better paying 45 for hundreds hours of gameplay i'll come back to for many years.

I deleted 'other'; the title is more entertaining than the Action titles seen spread far and wide, but found myself a but dulled out by it quickly.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein