Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

DeadPixel

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 660.00
Wiki Edits: 68
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Immortal: Unchained, a Souls-Inspired RPG/Shooter made by fans of the source material, for fans of the source material and will see an early 2018 release!

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 269,003.49
Bank: 7,643.71
Wiki Edits: 20481
Sci-fi souls is a thing!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 55.00
Bank: 4,558.00
Wiki Edits: 5
someone is going to get a seizure when they see you saying that a shooter is souls-like.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,783.50
Wiki Edits: 561
qeter wrote:someone is going to get a seizure when they see you saying that a shooter is souls-like.

Don't worry, I already did. It's safe now.

Trailer looks pretty cool though (despite being maybe five seconds of content), and that circuit board tree design is classy. We robo-vikings now.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I'm at the point where a game saying it's "based on Souls" elicits more boredom and slight contempt from me than the expected excitement. I just think, "oh great, another one". I feel as though this souls train (get it) is getting rode a little too hard nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I see no problem in games being based on, inspired by, or made to be a spiritual successor of Souls games, but it seems to me like devs are more just copying Fromsof's design (for better or worse) rather than using it as a basis to invent, innovate, and expand on, at least the ones I see. Looking at a few games, I can usually describe it as, Souls but a side-scroller, souls but top down, souls but in spaaaaaace, souls but with mechs, souls but slower.

That, however, does not mean I automatically think a game that simply says to be souls-like is bad, just that they shouldn't try to be too much like Dark Souls.

As for Immortal: Unchained, from the 0.001 milliseconds worth of actual combat, I could just as easily compare it to Gears of war, Vanquish, or any third person shooter with dodge mechanics. Soooooo, we just have to wait and see how it looks with more than just a crumb sample of gameplay. Also, twin swords on his back.......nice, though I'm getting a bit of a Kratos vibe.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 55.00
Bank: 4,558.00
Wiki Edits: 5
qeter wrote:someone is going to get a seizure when they see you saying that a shooter is souls-like.