Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

DeadPixel

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 690.00
Wiki Edits: 74
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Monster Hunter: Worlds' “Wildspire Waste”, a massive hunting ground for vicious predators such as yourself; or perhaps prey? Look forward to the good hunt launching early next year!

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,560.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I haven't ever played the Monster Hunter games before (for the obvious reason that, at least in the US, they've only been on handhelds). While this look like it could be a lot of fun, I'm curious what the in-game justification for hunting these monsters is. Are these monsters supposed to pose some existential threat, or contain some resource needed for humanity's survival, or are you just hunting endangered species for fun and profit?
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 380,853.49
Bank: 9,052.71
Wiki Edits: 32350
The monster hunter world is overrun with dinosaurs and dangerous creatures, and people pretty much stick to the villages. Monster hunters go out into the world in parties and bring back meat and materials for themselves at the town, or kill a dangerous monster that was terrorising a trade route.

I didn't feel evil doing it, and the cats are on your side so we know we are the good guys.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,560.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Not that killing for fun and profit would have been a barrier to me playing (I am known to play outright evil characters on occasion :twisted: ), I was mostly curious what I'd be getting into. Thank you for letting me know. :biggrin:

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,206.50
Wiki Edits: 277
I'd just like to mention that Monster Hunter games don't have much in the way of storylines (With a couple of exceptions). Usually the only story you get is in the quest descriptions "This monster is getting a little to close to a village for comfort. Go kill it." So if anything, you feel like a hero while being a badass monster hunter.

This area sounds cool. It's a desert and a swamp mixed, which you don't see too often. Those monster designs also looked fun, especially that one that pick up rocks to use as weapons. It's nice deviation from the usual raptor design. The more I see of this game, the more I can't wait to play it. I REALLY hope they put a demo on the PSN store soon.

Also the Diablos is back. We're all gonna die.