Discuss your role and adventures as the Arisen!
Wiki: Visit the Dragon's Dogma Wiki
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,725.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19909
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Capcom's Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen remaster releases on consoles on October 3rd 2017 (EU / NA) . Check out details and screenshots.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 891.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I never could bring myself to finish it on PC. Everything in the world is beautiful, the monsters are awesome and the mechanics are pretty solid, but the world feels empty. There's only one real city in the game.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

I liked that, it's more representative of what such a medieval-like society would have been like. Small towns and villas, lost fortresses, and one walled city plus a seaside town.

I'm actually really looking forward to becoming the Arisen again - particularly because I haven't played Bitterblack Isle
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 891.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Every time I see a fantasy RPG with a medieval culture I think of the fertility rate of medieval Europe, where over a period of hundreds of years the population grew only marginally, and think that if you threw a population of monsters in there society would die out in a few generations. If society compensated by, say, having far fewer wars (not something I've ever seen in fantasy RPGs), and used magic extensively to boost productivity (a feature in some fantasy versions of "steam punk", like the Eberron D&D setting, but uncommon in general and certainly not "medieval"), or made extensive use of magic healing (more common, but still a minority of games), then maybe society would survive.

The world of "Dragon's Dogma"? They're doomed.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Mhm I think that a lot of these worlds present monsters and remove disease. Way more people died to diseases and child malnourishment than are represented in games in general, so one could argue the death to monster equals the death to disease ratio. So they cancel each other out.
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,991.50
Wiki Edits: 204
Fexelea wrote:Mhm I think that a lot of these worlds present monsters and remove disease. Way more people died to diseases and child malnourishment than are represented in games in general, so one could argue the death to monster equals the death to disease ratio. So they cancel each other out.

That, and it's usually implied that monsters tend to stay away from the cities and villages. A tall wall and a hail of arrows is sure enough to drive away any animal-level-intelligence monster.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 196.00
Bank: 4,213.00
Wiki Edits: 5
my birthday is on October the 3rd. I find this re-re-release depressing and annoying.

ATLzac

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 110.00
One of the most fun games ever made. About time