Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,409.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I‘ve said elsewhere that the current climate of development has led to a Renaissance of sorts for the gaming world. Development tools have become more accessible than ever, with all platforms encouraging indies.  Add the culture of crowdfunding and you have a world where the little guy has room to take chances.  Small developer melessthanthree is taking some chances with their current project L U C A H, which they hope to have crowdfunded on or before July 9th via their Kickstarter page.  With early notes from those checking out the demo  (here you go) calling it a “Soulslike,” it's ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,159.50
Wiki Edits: 26
This looks really exciting actually! thx for bringing it into my radar!
Game-play wise this is a clone of Hyper Light Drifter, except less polished. Looks like a lot of fun but if you like this I'd suggest just playing HLD.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

I'd say it's very similar to that, and probably a dozen other games off the top of my head.

Like I said in the preview, I can't find a single element I haven't seen before (true of most games when you've been playing since the 80s). The charm here is the combination and tweaks.

It's a formula for play style that's been around forever to be honest. Still fun though

Daos_Strange

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,139.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Unfortunately for me, the art style is an instant turn off. It just looks messy and unfinished.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

That's what I felt at first too, but I was surprised at how polished it looks in motion. That being said, I didn't use the term "jarring" for the hell of it. I've played tons of games I'd consider minimalist art style and this one still managed to make quite the impression while playing. It's also why I pleaded the reader to closely look at the media.