Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
1 
Reply  
VIP
Avatar

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Jupiter
Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 7373
Reputation: 166
Wiki Edits: 25927
#1
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

In the latest issue of Famitsu, via Gematsu, the new Bandai Namco project “Code Vein” has been revealed, which was teased in last week's Prepare to Dine trailer. It is a dungeon exploration RPG from the team behind God Eater and will release in 2018 for as of yet unannounced platforms, presumably consoles. Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers. Living in an isolated community called Vein, they have evolved beyond humanity but have lost their memories, and their desire to feed on blood staves off a starvation condition that turns them into monsters ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 5445
Reputation: 262
Wiki Edits: 3
#2
reminds me of a vampire movie I saw where vampires are the dominant race, and humans are literally cattle, put in blood harvesting machines. If the vampires don't get blood, they turn into bat monsters that look like Dracula from that one Van Helsing movies.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
VIP
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 43,706.50
Posts: 6677
Reputation: 674
Wiki Edits: 561
#3
Aha! So it wasn't a Fromsoft game, and Namco was just using the tagline to ride hype. Still, seems worth keeping an eye on for now.

Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

There is something inherently redundant about this sentence.
Avatar

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 5445
Reputation: 262
Wiki Edits: 3
#4
TSMP wrote:Aha! So it wasn't a Fromsoft game, and Namco was just using the tagline to ride hype. Still, seems worth keeping an eye on for now.

Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

There is something inherently redundant about this sentence.


I recall hearing that it was Bandai who made up that slogan to begin with to feed off of Souls game's infamous (and often exaggerated) difficulty. Wasn't even From's idea.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
Avatar

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:55 pm
Location: Hunting Monsters.
Souls: 6,141.50
Posts: 799
Reputation: 35
Wiki Edits: 208
#5
It's being made by the God Eater team? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Loved God Eater, and this new game is already sounding good.
VIP
Avatar

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Japan
Souls: 268,814.49
Bank: 7,643.71
Posts: 12416
Reputation: 709
Wiki Edits: 20457
#6
God Eater games are actually good so I'm interested in this :)
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP
Avatar

skarekrow13

Moderator
Moderator

(Many Other Functions)

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm
Souls: 888.04
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 16810
Reputation: 577
Wiki Edits: 459
#7
I was wrong.

But still hyped
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 43,706.50
Posts: 6677
Reputation: 674
Wiki Edits: 561
#8
EldritchImagination wrote:I recall hearing that it was Bandai who made up that slogan to begin with to feed off of Souls game's infamous (and often exaggerated) difficulty. Wasn't even From's idea.

Correct, yes. By From's statements, Demon's Souls was never about the difficulty, the difficulty was just one of several tools to deliver the experience they wanted.
Avatar

SilkyGoodness

Hollowed
Redeemer

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:07 am
Souls: 9,440.00
Bank: 401.00
Posts: 1657
Reputation: 48
#9
TSMP wrote:
Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

There is something inherently redundant about this sentence.

Yeah it seems kind of silly, but the one thing I do like is that they are supernatural instead of like a virus or something dumb like that. It always annoyed me when vampires and zombies were explained by pseudo scientific technobabble. I like zombies to corpse slaves made by magic, and vampires to be demons possessing corpses like in old folklore tales. I guess vampires could be other magic related things it isn't quite that cut and dry, but ya get my point.
VIP
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 43,706.50
Posts: 6677
Reputation: 674
Wiki Edits: 561
#10
SilkyGoodness wrote:
TSMP wrote:
Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

There is something inherently redundant about this sentence.

Yeah it seems kind of silly, but the one thing I do like is that they are supernatural instead of like a virus or something dumb like that. It always annoyed me when vampires and zombies were explained by pseudo scientific technobabble. I like zombies to corpse slaves made by magic, and vampires to be demons possessing corpses like in old folklore tales. I guess vampires could be other magic related things it isn't quite that cut and dry, but ya get my point.

I do, yes, and it's a good point. I forgot that virus vampires are a thing sometimes. This does narrow down a few things about the possible plot, as well.
1