Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

In the latest issue of Famitsu, via Gematsu, the new Bandai Namco project “Code Vein” has been revealed, which was teased in last week's Prepare to Dine trailer. It is a dungeon exploration RPG from the team behind God Eater and will release in 2018 for as of yet unannounced platforms, presumably consoles. Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers. Living in an isolated community called Vein, they have evolved beyond humanity but have lost their memories, and their desire to feed on blood staves off a starvation condition that turns them into monsters ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Wiki Edits: 3
reminds me of a vampire movie I saw where vampires are the dominant race, and humans are literally cattle, put in blood harvesting machines. If the vampires don't get blood, they turn into bat monsters that look like Dracula from that one Van Helsing movies.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,706.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Aha! So it wasn't a Fromsoft game, and Namco was just using the tagline to ride hype. Still, seems worth keeping an eye on for now.

Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

There is something inherently redundant about this sentence.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Wiki Edits: 3
TSMP wrote:Aha! So it wasn't a Fromsoft game, and Namco was just using the tagline to ride hype. Still, seems worth keeping an eye on for now.

Players will take on the role of Revenants, which are vampires with supernatural powers.

I recall hearing that it was Bandai who made up that slogan to begin with to feed off of Souls game's infamous (and often exaggerated) difficulty. Wasn't even From's idea.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,141.50
Wiki Edits: 208
It's being made by the God Eater team? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Loved God Eater, and this new game is already sounding good.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 268,814.49
Bank: 7,643.71
Wiki Edits: 20457
God Eater games are actually good so I'm interested in this :)
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 888.04
Wiki Edits: 459
I was wrong.

But still hyped
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

EldritchImagination wrote:I recall hearing that it was Bandai who made up that slogan to begin with to feed off of Souls game's infamous (and often exaggerated) difficulty. Wasn't even From's idea.

Correct, yes. By From's statements, Demon's Souls was never about the difficulty, the difficulty was just one of several tools to deliver the experience they wanted.

SilkyGoodness

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,440.00
Bank: 401.00
TSMP wrote:

Yeah it seems kind of silly, but the one thing I do like is that they are supernatural instead of like a virus or something dumb like that. It always annoyed me when vampires and zombies were explained by pseudo scientific technobabble. I like zombies to corpse slaves made by magic, and vampires to be demons possessing corpses like in old folklore tales. I guess vampires could be other magic related things it isn't quite that cut and dry, but ya get my point.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

SilkyGoodness wrote:
TSMP wrote:

Yeah it seems kind of silly, but the one thing I do like is that they are supernatural instead of like a virus or something dumb like that. It always annoyed me when vampires and zombies were explained by pseudo scientific technobabble. I like zombies to corpse slaves made by magic, and vampires to be demons possessing corpses like in old folklore tales. I guess vampires could be other magic related things it isn't quite that cut and dry, but ya get my point.

I do, yes, and it's a good point. I forgot that virus vampires are a thing sometimes. This does narrow down a few things about the possible plot, as well.