Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Splitleaf of Gael's greatsword for dex build?
Neither, gael's greatsword is for quality builds, and splitleaf is for strength or quality builds.

but if you have to pick one, splitleaf, it's moveset is awesome

SirWhizalot

Souls: 60.00
Does anyone have a spare Splitleaf Greatsword that I can have?
yes
But then you lose out on the adventure of finding it my dude
Yeah, going shopping in a videogame is so **** exciting...
"NoT bRoKe JuSt GoOd! WhY yOu GoTtA bE sAlTy bRo? XD" -Everyone who uses a splitleaf.
As a Splitleaf main I can confirm this.
Souls community is dumb as*****
There's many weapons that are "broken" Sellswords still retain their true unparriable combo while being much faster for example. Then you have SS...so there's no point complaining about anything. Funny enough all the broken bull*****could be fixed if actual Poise was a thing. Funny right?
Is it really a C/A scaling with a sharp infusion?
Strange how we just can buy it. You see Lapps running around with it and instead of wondering what weapon he might fight with...we already have it. Bought. What?! Imagine that with Mornes Hammer or the Frayed Blade from Half-light. Would have been better in my opinion to get it as a reward for completing the Lapps questline or to kill Lapps to get it early. But pay the price for not having him as a coop buddy and his armor set. But no...we just go shopping. "Cool"...
Yup, she could sell the Aquamarine instead but noooo
yeah it makes no sense. feels not soulish at all. were probably out of time to implement some method that would have actually make sense to gain the weapon (from lapps)...wouldn't be the first time.
S rank top tier weapon.

60 str/15 fth (blessed weapon)/base dex/26 vit

SL125

Light helm + executioner and exile armor parts give you over 38.23 poise, allowing you to facetank everything not a greatsword.

Just space and r1, run to enemies, r1 hitconfirm ohk combo, rinse and repeat. Always play passively and force them to trade.

I won 27+ straight invasions in ringed city yesterday with this thing, 0 losses. Blues just kept running into my combo to get blended to death. In one specific invasion there were 15+ phantoms who ran into me to give me free estus recharge over and over. It was marvelous. Some branded PUGS blue l1ed blindly into me, got outspaced and oneshot. Literally infinite estus LOL

Literally no other weapon performs this consistently. It's 100% invincible when you abuse mobs and space reactively.

This isn't new, we've known this since like week 1 of DLC2.
It is definitely very strong. But tbh 66 strength is where you want to be since the AR increase between 60-66 is very huge. Besides. If you want to buff you may as well go 40 strength and 50/60 faith. 800-1000+ damage on combo every time. You still get 546 (lol Greatsword AR) with 40 strength anyways.
I flattened Kirk with this.
I also think it can block projectiles
The Weapon Art has the ability to deflect crossbow bolts, although I'm not sure about arrows. I assume it does those too.
"Splitleaf doesn't need to be nerferd! Just never get hit by a single r1 bro! Just parry it bro!" Little did tryhard duelist #78291465 know, ds3 pvp was never balanced around 1v1 duelling, it was balanced around invasions!
No Souls game was balanced around dueling except for DS2. Anyone who acts like it is, is very misinformed. Duels were never great in Souls for that main reason! Invasions are a different thing.
it's a naginata. not a halberd.
Looks more like a guandao
Good thing you caught that. He’s probably so embarrassed
Both are included in the category of polearms, and this is definitely not a Naginata, this is what some people call Fauchard. It's an European type of polearm weapon used for over 6 centuries. Sometimes they were so heavy you couldn't even use it in battle properly. Could often be easily mistaken by the most notorious Asian glaive, Guandao for it's identical appearance. HOWEVER even though Japan also has a unique type of polearm, it has nothing to do with this heavy type of glaives. For these were used mainly by royalty or/and cavalry, Naginatas was a medium (balanced) weight infantry weapon used by Samurais and Ashigaru (which would be close to the lower class of foot soldiers). It's appearance even though looks similar, it's not as identical as a Fauchard is to a Guandao, this blade consists mainly in a curved single-edged blade on the end identical to what we would imagine, a "katana on a wooden stick". Resuming, not everything is based of Japan ye fokin weeb.
The poise on this thing is annoying, I try not to but for good players I have to pull out the pontiff curved sword for me to even stand a chance against this near one shot combo.