The place to discuss Lords of The Fallen.
Wiki: Visit the LOTF wiki

LyFTiD4LyFe

Souls: 214.00
Wiki Edits: 23
This game is disgustingly underrated.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 300,848.49
Bank: 8,033.71
Wiki Edits: 23140
Agree! It's unfortunate that people focused more on comparing to Dark Souls than in seeing the game as it's own thing. I personally enjoyed it very much - finished it three times for the platinum. I think it was a big project for small studios, and that shows in some of the glitches and bugs, but it was certainly a work of love. The textures in the cloaks alone show you how much their cared <3
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

LyFTiD4LyFe

Fexelea wrote:Agree! It's unfortunate that people focused more on comparing to Dark Souls than in seeing the game as it's own thing. I personally enjoyed it very much - finished it three times for the platinum. I think it was a big project for small studios, and that shows in some of the glitches and bugs, but it was certainly a work of love. The textures in the cloaks alone show you how much their cared <3

One of the few games with gear that makes my jaw drop. Lords has the best weapon and armour design in gaming.

The story's amazing, too. People only think it's bad because it takes multiple playthroughs to digest.
Antanas is one of the most sympathetic "villains" I've ever encountered.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 89.00
Bank: 14,909.00
Wiki Edits: 710
I really liked the gameplay, but couldn't love the overall design (especially armor... lol).

I remember having a blast fighting against that one boss (gladiator? some man-like big guy with 2 blades on his arms) with a greatshield and bouncing him off again and again in a long, drawn out fight with very slow weapons. Bosses seemed to have multiple stages and were very fun to play in general.
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.
VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 240,837.02
Wiki Edits: 43409
The graphics were the best I'd ever seen in an action RPG when it launched.

Cas
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. - Epictetus
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

LyFTiD4LyFe

Agurzil wrote:I really liked the gameplay, but couldn't love the overall design (especially armor... lol).l.

Really? Lords has the best weapon and armour design I've ever seen. Can't believe you don't like it.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 89.00
Bank: 14,909.00
Wiki Edits: 710
It's not that it's badly executed, but I really like the way Dark Souls handled armor design and with some exceptions weapon design. Everything in Lords of the Fallen has these huge huge shoulder pauldrons, which are way too unreallistic. Something like the Elite Knight Set from DS doesn't exist in LotF. Overall, the design reminds me of Warhammer, which I quite like as a game, but hate from a design perspective.

It's not like DS wouldn't have have enormous armor (Havel's lol...), but they tend to be exceptionally heavy with descriptions stating their ridiculous weights or other properties marking them and their characteristic wearers as exceptional. In comparison, this style looks more comic-bookish, with high contrast colors and oversized proportions.
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 1,783.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
Aesthetics are highly personal so anyone thinking they're the best is right. I'm on the other side of the fence though. There's a few sets I like for armor and some weapons, but overall I felt the designs are a bit cliche and over the top.

That being said, the boss fights I did (didn't quite finish the game) were excellent, and combat in general was very solid.

I felt the game was very good, but the biggest problem it had isn't comparing to Souls, but competing for my time. They both fall under my "Medieval Fantasy" attachment. While Lords was very good, Souls really is the standard for me. With somewhat limited time I find it harder and harder to play games when I know there's a much better one that meets the same needs for me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

abraksil

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 684.00
I bought lord of the fallen despite all the bad things I heard about this game this steam sale. I'm like 4h into the game and it seems very solid. Can anyone explain to me why this game has such a bad renown?
I'm making this roguelike game called Soulblight. Take a look :)
www.mynextgames.com
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 300,848.49
Bank: 8,033.71
Wiki Edits: 23140
Because people were expecting to play Dark Souls instead of a more traditional story and character focused game. They were thus disappointed as they had a game that was not what they wanted to play.

This was a launch PS4 title and some people encountered certain gamebreaking glitches and unfortunately it was quickly widely distributed. I played on pc and PS4 and didn't encounter any, so I was baffled by the quick spread of "this game is broken" nonsense.

But it happened and hurt the image of the game.
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon