Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Speaking to Official Xbox Magazine, Bethesda Vice President Pete Hines said that the remaster process that brought Skyrim Special Edition to the current gen is the exception rather than the rule, and that revamped past experiences should not be expected. According to Hines, much of the reason for the Skyrim remaster lies with the team's active development of Fallout 4 on the current gen platforms. In his words: Skyrim was more about the work that Bethesda Game Studios had done in the early days of getting ready for Fallout 4 on this generation of consoles—moving the Skyrim engine and doing some work ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Jbumi

Casual
Convict

Souls: 233.00
If a game I've been interested in & never played because it didn't get released for a platform I own, I'll pick it up if it gets a remake for my system of choice. That being said, I'd rather they spend their time on new games. Yes, it could be argued that I'm missing out on the other experience, but no matter what you do you're missing out on something else whenever you do anything.

Bethesda, imo, made a bad decision about not releasing review copies early, but I agree with their idea to concentrate on new games.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,411.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I'd only want them to remaster a game in the sense of just making it fully functional on new hardware and software, in other words, just update it for modern systems so we don't have to use emulators or mess with programs.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,855.50
I'm sad to hear my hopes of a remastered Oblivion die.
At least their working on a new TES. I'd like to see the Black Marsh and Elsweyr. Summerset Isles would be decent. Valenwood would be cool to see how crazy the wood elves are in their native land (cannibals living in tree ents sounds fun).

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,855.50
EldritchImagination wrote:I'd only want them to remaster a game in the sense of just making it fully functional on new hardware and software, in other words, just update it for modern systems so we don't have to use emulators or mess with programs.

Same. I just want the option to play it (Oblivion/Morrowind) without having to get another PS3, new gaming rig, or resorting to my crappy lap with no internet functionality (which I rarely use).

I get the idea of wanting to move forward and not just remaster games. But then they did Skyrim and got me hopeful.

But as long as they don't give my character voice acting in TES 6, I'll be fine with waiting for the next game instead of getting more remastered games that I've already played to the abyss and back.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,769.50
I believe they gave their blessing to the porting projects such as Skywind (Morrowind on top of Skyrim). So it makes sense they're no longer interested in the past IP.
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,411.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:I'd only want them to remaster a game in the sense of just making it fully functional on new hardware and software, in other words, just update it for modern systems so we don't have to use emulators or mess with programs.

Same. I just want the option to play it (Oblivion/Morrowind) without having to get another PS3, new gaming rig, or resorting to my crappy lap with no internet functionality (which I rarely use).

I get the idea of wanting to move forward and not just remaster games. But then they did Skyrim and got me hopeful.

But as long as they don't give my character voice acting in TES 6, I'll be fine with waiting for the next game instead of getting more remastered games that I've already played to the abyss and back.

If they even look at the internet once in a harvest moon, I doubt they will given the negative feedback on it. In fact, I think they'd even be relieved since they wouldn't have to worry about having voice actors for the player character. I think they did it as an experiment, test to see if people want it since Bioware did it and was successful. On the plus side, the fact that NPCs can refer to you by name was cool. It seemed like them trying to test new waters, and came with mixed results. Just hope they learn from it.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.