Anything without a home!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,178.50
Yeah I woke up to the news of Kim going to South Korea, and Moon going to North Korea, and watching them hold hands as they stepped over the border line at the DMZ. Having been to the DMZ myself and feeling the tension in the air, I hope South and North can finally end their armistice.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time either leader has actually physically gone to each other's country, which is groundbreaking on its own. Whatever the reasons, and cause, I really hope they can work out something and not fall back into their old playbook.

I've heard theories about the North having collapsed their nuclear test site inside that mountain, or actually finally having nuclear capability, or desperately needing food, but I don't think it's any of that. After all that bluster last year, they seem to want to improve relations, likely due to pressure from China and America. This may be one thing Trump actually gets good credit for, especially because Moon said as much.

Chaosmaker

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,709.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I've made a 100% reversal on Trump. Former supporter turned critic. He's getting too involved in geopolitics, and not following through on his campaign promises. He's effectively a neocon. I'm staying home for the 2020 election. Trump should go back to reality TV, because he's better at that than being President.

Trump, you just went full cuck, don't ever go full cuck. So much for "getting tough" on China, huh?

Lich180

Revived
Savior

I would recommend not staying home during elections. That's how we end up in crappy situations like this. Find a candidate you CAN support, especially in the house and Senate, and go out and vote.

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 2,032.00
Yeah; having a President help stabilize relationships between foreign powers, and opening an Embassy in one of our strongest ally's nations, and keeping many campaign promises even before taking office is so embarrassing.... ;)
Last edited by Elhanan on Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 303,916.49
Bank: 8,113.71
Wiki Edits: 23576
Trade is give and take, and the zte thing sounds of that. Tech companies like Huawei are making huge strides on global reach in other countries, anyway.
I think, like with everything, it’s best to wait for more details before declaring victories and failures and deciding allegiances for elections two years from now. For all we know this was one of the conditions for Korea’s denuclearization assistance and pressure, in which case it’s well worth it!

I’m really looking forward to seeing how this meeting turns out late May
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,136.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
Yeah. That was an interesting and unexpected announcement for me. But honestly a lot will depend on what exactly "getting it done" entails.

Another big announcement has me also rethinking the Trump administration. The plan to reduce medication prices is long overdue and is one of the more conscientious and well planned initiatives regarding healthcare I can recall seeing. It's not perfect of course, but it is impressive. The long term ramifications on the cost of health care in this country could be incredible.

If anyone missed it, here's a good rundown by Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothec ... b2db422691
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Revived
Savior

I've seen reports of North Korea threatening to cancel the meeting with the US later this month or next.

Looks like we are back to normal with them.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 110.00
Bank: 5,627.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Lich180 wrote:I've seen reports of North Korea threatening to cancel the meeting with the US later this month or next.

Looks like we are back to normal with them.

standard push and pull tactics, it'll be a slow process but there is only one country thats filled with starving peasants here.