Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

DBGT_bh

Souls: 55.00
Sadly, Dark Claymore for pure Dark/Pyro Build [ 40/40 Int/Fai ] will surpass Onyx Blade in damage output even after buffing this weapon with the WA. The AR number will be higher in Onyx Blade, but you will always get less damage.
Well, Bastard does slightly more than Claymore when dark infused
Onyx blade buffed does roughly the same damage as a dark claymore/bastard. The difference is quite negligible. Unbuffed onyx blade, however, is directly inferior to both. Regarding the last reply, min stat dark claymore has 2 more AR than min stat dark bastard. They are pretty much identical statwise, but claymore is directly superior because it has the stance WA.
Dark claymore may be more efficent, but this thing has alot more range and it looks sexy. I'm kinda stuck on which one to use lol.
Using this for PVP and PVE on a 40/40 int/faith pyro build. No problems whatsoever with damage, especially considering as a pyro your main source of damage is spells. The length catches rolls quite easily. And yes if you time the buff right you can get people with it, which they NEVER expect.
I really don't understand why a weapon buff literally called blackflame is fire damage instead of dark like the spell it shares it's name with. The fact that the weapon itself has innate dark damage makes me think that this weapon was developed by more than one person and they didn't communicate with each other.
My guess would be the "flame" part of blackflame
CTRL + F: Claymore. You're welcome. Seriously, this weapon outclasses the claymore/bastard sword as a fashion item mosty. the extra range isn't absolutely to die for. The WA does count as an attack, with minimal range but good stagger. It is absolutely beautiful for a dark pyromancer build (Black flame, serpent, fire orb). Sadly, the game is too old to have Miyazaki make the buff dark damage instead of fire. TL;DR - the fashionable choice for low stat greatsword.
I really don't care it does less damage than other great swords, it looks beautiful and therefore adds to my fun. min-maxing < creativity. Hex-blade ahoy!
maan why do all the nicest things have to be locked behind dlc >.< anyone on pc who doesnt mind dropping this?
just use ce dum dum
Anyone have this on xbox one and wouldn't mind dropping it. I don't have a lot of stuff but I'll trade for it.
Xb id : spliffmassive .. il trade it
So I found Out that the WA from this is able to guarantee stunning the twin ultra ringed knights, it will interrupt them no matter what as long as it hits and, as the WA consumes no stamina, you can spam it to stunlock the ringed knight until he is knocked out of range. Not really practical, Just an interesting thing I noticed
This weapon is absolutely amazing on my dark/pyro character. I carry demon scar in my left hand, and use black flame, black fire orb, and whatever other spell feels necessary at the time, and in my right I use this, a dark followers saber, or a dark murky hand scythe. It’s a very well varied build with lots of ways around any defense. Hand scythe has quick step, saber has fast attacks and the guard break weapon art, and onyx blade splits between physical, dark, and fire, which is great seeing as I use the dark clutch ring and sometimes the fire clutch ring. It’s by far the most overpowered build I’ve ever used. Even capable of taking out zweihander/parry/chaos dagger builds, the most cancer of all. Quickstep of hand scythe combined with guaranteed black flame after an attack from demon scar is amazing. But onyx blade is definitely viable with the right build and the right rings, it outperforms most of the greatsword I’ve infused with dark